- The weather reached the upper 90's last week and Friday when the tournament began it was still up there. It cooled into the 80's Saturday and Sunday which was nice. Nan hadn't wanted to be a guest player because she didn't know anyone (well, she knew one girl since her sister and Kat play on the same team). We really encouraged her to do it and once she did she was glad. Sometimes it's okay to push our kids a bit to do something they don't want to do (you have to know your child though..we knew she was just shy and nervous because she didn't know anyone. We did ask if one of her team mates could also be a guest and that helped too).
- Kat is still out with her knee. Her coach said he heard her talk to herself during the weekend saying "I really want to be out there". The doctor at the PT office suggested that we ask for an MRI referral from her regular doctor. There was quite a story in getting to that, but I won't go into, I will say that God worked in our favor and things were done speedily. We saw her normal doctor Monday who said it would take at least a week to get a referral and MRI (that wasn't okay with us, so we prayed for a quicker turn around..Kat specifically prayed we'd get a call Tuesday). On Tuesday we were in the store and I got a call that the MRI is set up for this Friday morning. Whoo hoo! Hopefully that will let us know what is going on.
- Sunday we went to a restaurant we had never been to so that we could watch the final World Cup game. The restaurant was called B.J.'s Pizza and Grill. We were so impressed. The menu is huge with almost anything you can imagine on it. We had their Margarita flat bread pizza for an appetizer which was wonderful. Flat bread topped with mozzarella, tomato and basil strips. I had their fish tacos which were amazing. For dessert we had their Pizzookie (a cookie baked in a tin and topped with ice cream and whipped topping...served hot), and their BJ's Brownie, prepared the same way as the cookie...oh my word!! Great restaurant, we'll be going back! The World Cup was pretty brutal. I didn't know who to root for, so I flipped a coin...I rooted for Spain.
- Both girls' teams took 2nd place. The older girls games were pretty aggressive and I have never seen so many yellow cards thrown in games. Many (on both sides) I didn't feel were necessary, but oh well. I know that none of our girls go out to play dirty (I actually sat next to a few moms from the team we were playing who said they have a few players that have admitted they go out to play dirty...how wrong is that!). The older girls had 3 injuries over the weekend. Yikes!! Soccer is not for wimps.
- Monday the girls had VBS at our church where they were both helpers. Kat had a little girl come up to her and ask if she had a boyfriend. Kat said no and asked why. The little girl said she just thought she did because she was so pretty. Kat got a good chuckle out of that one. Monday night the girls had a group of friends over to watch a movie. I made some chocolate chip cookies and popcorn and it was devoured quickly. I spent some time in the cool of the evening to weed.
- Yesterday I spent the day with my girls in town. We shopped, had lunch at Panda Express (Kat got a slice of pizza at Whole Foods), then had dessert at YoCream (yummy). Hubby hurt his calf muscle yesterday so I took the girls to soccer practice.
- Lots to do around here today...weed, clean, laundry, shuttle girls here and there, make grocery list.
Oh, and how could I forget....I have been drooling over a Nikon D5000 that is on sale at Costco. I have really been wanting to upgrade but just haven't been able to. Well, since I've decided that was the camera I wanted I have literally "sold" 3 to other people. The latest was in Costco the other day. I was playing with their display, drooling over the faster shutter speed than my own, etc...a lady standing next to me began asking me about it and what I used now. I told her I love my Nikon D40 but wanted to upgrade. We chatted for awhile and then she said "alright, I'm sold. They should give you a red vest." I laughed and thought, how about just giving me a new camera!! Sigh...oh well...someday!
We have also been searching Craigslist for another car. Our 1992 Chevy Lumina bit the dust a few weeks ago so we are down to one car. Ugghhh. It's time (well, probably it was time a month ago) to look for school curriculum for next year.
With Joy UNquenchable,