Hand Me Down Recipe & Kids in the Kitchen
Whenever I take out the recipe, I'm reminded of her friendship, old memories and how our lives were made richer because of our friendship. She now lives in California and I hope to visit her sometime soon!
This recipe I'm sure has a variety of names, but she called it Fumi Salad, so that's what I call it too!
I also love getting my girls in the kitchen. Nan helped me on Monday make the goodies for the BBQ we were attending and she had fun helping with this salad. I look for ways to make it fun and I try to set aside my expectations so that I don't scare them out of the kitchen.
1. In a pan, melt the butter, then add sesame seeds and slivered almonds. Cook until lightly browned. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Chop cabbage into small pieces. Add to a large bowl. Chop green onion and add as well.
3. Crush ramen noodles, add to bowl.
4. Once cooled, add almonds and seeds to salad.
5. Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad, stirring to combine. Chill until ready to serve. If you want, you could add the seasoning packets from the ramen to the dressing mix. Sometimes I do this, sometimes I don't.
I'm linking this recipe to Tasty Tuesday.
With Joy UNquenchable,