Flexibility

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow! You have to remain flexible. That's all there is to it. That's what I've had to do a lot of lately.

flex*i*ble = a)capable of bending easily without being broken b)able to be easily modified to respond to altered circumstances or conditions c) ready and able to change so as to adapt to different circumstances. 
Wow! What great definitions and certainly what I have experienced lately. There are various levels of flexibility, some greater than others, but the end result is a person who is not disfigured (picture a piece of metal that once bent and misshapen can really never be put back to its original form) but a person that is able to change and be reshaped into something more beautiful, or who bounces back after change has happened.

In my case, the incidents that have caused me to make a choice to be flexible are very "simple, everyday" things, but still things that weren't according to plan necessarily and had I not chosen to be flexible could have had me a bit overwhelmed. Our pastor always talks about "living intentionally". Flexibility takes thinking and living intentionally, otherwise we end up with a big temper tantrum!

So, that's my two cents on being flexible. 

I have been so busy that I haven't had time to post. We had a soccer tournament all last weekend with a total of 8 games between two girls. I was so tired by Sunday night and I didn't even play (how do they do it), I just stood on the sidelines taking pictures and yelling. Friday and Saturday we had 8:30 games so we didn't get home till 11:00 and had to be back at the fields the following days by 10:00. They did great. Kat's team took 3rd and Nan's team took 4th which is great because Nan's team is brand new (girls are experienced but haven't played as a team till now), Nan took a few hard hits, but got back up. One down, 4 or 5 to go. I can't even begin to remember how many sandwiches I made that weekend, since I packed our own food to eat while at the fields.
I still have not planted my garden...I'm hoping to do that today. I decided to scale way down and actually bought several starts, and then will just plant a few seeds. I will not can this fall (that I know of). It's been so rainy here!
We have a 4th of July fundraiser that begins Monday and runs through the 4th and will take up all my waking hours and I will be a basket case by the end of the week, thus I will more than likely NOT be posting on this here blog...but maybe I'll have some time. Oh, and I was informed that we may have a few guests that week because a few kids who help live out of town and it'll be easier if they stay with us.

Tonight I was supposed to speak at youth group, but it's a beautiful day, so we decided to have everyone here to our house for a bonfire!

August we have a youth conference and we do host homes for our own church kids. I have never been a host home because we're usually so busy it's just easier if we're not. This year we were short a home, so I will be hosting the Jr. High girls here. Oh boy!

I think last but not least, our 1992 Chevy Lumina bit the dust with 225,000 miles! We are down to one car at the moment (we are able to use the churches 15 passenger van till we decide what to do).

So, life is requiring much flexibility on my part and I'm willing to be flexible because the alternative isn't very purty!!

Okay, then. I'm off to work outside. I'll post pictures of the results later.

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts