Recipe: Texas Caviar

 I just posted this recipe and when I went to edit it, everything got completely messed up! There are days I just don't understand technology. How frustrating. I made this recipe last night when we had 20+ youth and young adults to our home for a BBQ. We have a wonderful group of young people and we love spending time with them. 
I broke out the grill for the first time this year (after going to the store twice to replace the part that hooks the propane tank to the grill). I was so happy to use it.

I had a crazy busy day yesterday. Hubby volunteered me to watch a friends 4 year old little boy while he worked on our churches computer system. That meant I needed to really think through my day since we were having company that same night. 
 On Monday I sat down and made my lists for the week of all I needed to get done. Not only were we hosting a group of people and babysitting but also getting invites made, addressed and mailed for my MIL's 65th birthday party. Not forgetting everything else that has to get done on a daily basis. I love my planner...it saves my life.

I made three recipes yesterday, Texas Caviar, Corn Salad (recipe tomorrow) and Potato Salad. They were all a hit. We had a wonderful night with some great young people, eating, laughing, talking (loudly so we can be heard), and playing a few games of Mafia. Kat did a great job organizing it.

(Printable Recipe)

Now, on to the recipe. It is a dip so serve it with tortilla chips. My favorite are "Food Should Taste Good" Multigrain Tortilla Chips.
Ingredients: I suggest you double it!

  • 1 can black-eyed peas (I used one can of black eyed peas and one can of black beans)
  • 3/4 c. chopped red pepper
  • 3/4 c. chopped green pepper (I used all red pepper)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 3 green onions, chopped
  • 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley
  • 1 jar diced pimientos (I left these out)
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 1 bottle Italian Salad Dressing (I used Kens Basil and Romano, which was very good)
 Combine all ingredients and let chill for 24 hours. I didn't have 24 hours, only 3 and it still tasted great. Make it (be sure you double it, even triple it), it is amazing.



With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts