A Look at The Proverbs 31 Woman: Coming Soon

 We've all read Proverbs 31 with dread at one time or another. Why? Because we thought she was this un-attainable person that we could never hope to be. Some of you maybe even resented her. Maybe you never thought that, but I sure did. Only for a brief moment however. 

When I was in Bible College..many moons ago, one of my instructors (whom I loved and learned so much from) did a study with us on Proverbs 31 and I loved it. I thought I'd take time to look a little deeper into this woman and how we as women today can "be" our own version of the Proverbs 31 woman. 

You might be thinking, "but I never learned how to do half the things that woman does."  That's okay! You might look at someone else and say "she's definately Proverbs 31 material". So are you! We have to get past the feelings of comparison (even with P31 gal), feelings of lack and go with what we've got (but never being afraid to learn and grow).

As a youth pastor I see many young ladies who have no domestic skills whatsoever! Their moms don't cook, so they don't know how, or their moms do everything for them and they don't ever learn. I desire that my own daughters grow up knowing as much domestically as possible, and yet know that their identity is not based on performance or what they do! Personally, I do not know how to sew, and I'm okay with that. I wouldn't mind learning so that I could fix things, or make curtains, but if I never do, that's okay, (my MIL does). I don't knit or crochet. 

The first thing we need to do is look in the mirror and tell ourselves "I'm beautiful, I'm amazing, and I'm loved". Did you go do that? Because until we believe that, we will always be trying to "do", when all we need is to "be". Doing comes out of being! 

Every Friday I'll post a nugget from one of the P31 verses, beginning with verse 10. I'll break down the verse, and also share some nuggets (practical and spiritual). 


Come back Friday to begin with verse 10!!!



With Joy UNquenchable,


Comments

  1. Great idea Kirstin! I look forward to what all you share!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love Proverbs 31....i get a daily devotion from *Proverbs 31 Ministries* Looking forward to reading your blog on Fridays :)

    I'm heading to the library tomorrow and i'll ck on that book.

    Thanks for the offer to send it....i'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts