Recipe: Brown-Rice Salad with Spinach and Tomatoes

 
I'm re-posting this from my original post because I happened to come across the recipe while looking through my files. It's spring (at least I think it's supposed to be spring) and I keep reading about many in warmer climates who are already beginning to enjoy fruits from their gardens so I thought this was a perfect time to share. 

I found this recipe in either my Prevention magazine or in Martha Stewart's Everyday Cooking. I tore it out and since both magazines are the same size, I can't tell which one it came from. I always have brown rice in my refrigerator because we use it on our wraps and I love it. This recipe looked fresh, healthy and tasty. When I first made it, I wasn't sure if I'd like it, so I halved the recipe.  I ended up really, really liking it!
Ingredients:
  • 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tsp. red-wine vinegar
  • 2 tbs. chopped fresh dill (I used dried dill and if you do, use less than half of what it calls for fresh)
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 tsp. sugar
  • coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 2 c. cooked brown rice
  • 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
  • 2 c. baby spinach
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, dill, garlic and sugar. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add rice, cucumber, spinach and tomatoes and toss to combine. 

This would be a perfect recipe for a luncheon. It's cold, it's fresh and it's light.

I'm linking this up to Tasty Tuesday which is visiting over at (in)courage today. I'm also linking up to Hearth And Soul over at Premeditated Leftovers. Head over and get some new ideas.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. OO, this sounds tasty!

    I just wanted to leave you this link about the Season-All in case you want to look for it.

    http://www.mortonseasonall.com/

    Thanks for the comment over on my blog! :-) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...this looks good too. Another one I'll be trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy rice in salad. This recipe looks especailly tasty! I would love for you to link it up to the Hearth and Soul Hop: http://www.premeditatedleftovers.com/2011/04/hearth-and-soul-hop_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love rice salads. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, this looks good too! Healthy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours in this salad are just wonderful! It looks so healthy, fresh and delicious. The vinaigrette sounds nice too. Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts