Holiday Recipe: Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti


REPOST: I'm re-posting this recipe to share with the SRC (Secret Recipe Cookie Party). I was torn with which recipe to include, so if you want to check out more, just go to "From My Kitchen" and find them under "cookies" or "holidays". See the original post below, and then head over to SRC for more great ideas.


Previous Post from 12/09: I have several recipes to post and we'll see how many I actually get posted today. No time for a holiday re-cap....hopefully this week. Kat and I were watching the Food Network and watched Giada Delaurentis make these biscotti and decided we had to try it. They were wonderful (though I baked them just a skooch too long at the end). Did you know that Biscotti means "Twice Baked"? We will probably make them again in the very near future! She loved them dipped in her hot chocolate or just plain. I like them with my coffee or of course plain!


INGREDIENTS:
 2 c. flour (all purpose) 
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
 3/4 c. sugar 
1/2 c. unsalted butter at room temp. 
1 tsp. lemon zest
 1/4 tsp. salt 
2 eggs
 3/4 c. pistachios, coarsely chopped
 2/3 c. dried cranberries 
12 oz. good quality white chocolate, chopped (I just used white chips)

Preheat oven to 350. Line a heavy baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend. Using mixer, beat sugar, butter, lemon zest and salt in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add flour and beat until blended. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. 

Form dough into a 13-in. long x 3-in. wide log on prepared sheet. Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes. Place log on cutting board. 
Using a serrated knife, cut log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick slices. Place back on baking sheet cut side down and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until pale golden. Transfer to rack to cool.
Stir chocolate in a double boiler (or in my case a stainless steel bowl placed on a pan of boiling water). 
When melted, dip half of biscotti into chocolate. Shake off excess chocolate and place on sheet to set up. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Refrigerate till firm. I would dip the bottom half of each cookie in the chocolate just to ensure you get that chocolate with each bite!! 


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts