Book Review: Fearless

I think we all would agree that we live in a society riddled with fear. A society that through daily news flashes and reports, newspaper articles and magazines can instill fear in any heart. But God did not intend for us to live in fear. In Max Lucado's newest release "Fearless", he attacks fear and our tendency towards fear head on.
"Fear sucks the life out of the soul, curls us in an embryonic state and drains us dry of contentment" "Fear will always knock on your door. Just don't invite it in for dinner. And for heaven's sake don't offer it a bed for the night".
Throughout the book Max tackles many of the common fears that try to get a hold of us today....fear of not mattering, fear of running out, fear of not protecting our children, fear of worst case scenario's and so on. He challenges the reader to allow faith, not fear to be our default reaction to threats. I highly recommend this book. I have always been a Max Lucado fan and he again does an amazing job encouraging his readers towards living a life untouched by fear. I know for myself and my family, we do not allow the "fears" that are thrown at us to suck the life out of us. Our God is way bigger than anything that would try to come against us. He is a daddy that wants to see us walk in fullness of life. The book is filled with wonderful illustrations, scripture and practical thoughts on overcoming fear. A must read for today!!! With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I just started reading this book! I'll be posting as I read through it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts