Book Review: The Wackiest, Wildest, Weirdest Animals in the World

I recently reviewed the book "The Wackiest, Wildest, Weirdest Animals in the World" by Jack Hanna. My girls are 13 and 10 but still totally loved it. I loved it, and I'm 40. When it arrived on my doorstep and I took it out of the box I was thrilled with the colorful cover. I immediately informed my girls that I wanted them to read it as well and give me their thoughts. They gave it a 2 thumbs up. It was a winner and we plan to pass it on to a little boy we know. As a child I was fascinated by animals and animal facts and know that I would have loved this book back then. I probably even watched the Jack Hanna show. It's well written, fun to look at and just an overall great read. The book will appeal to younger and older children alike. The 33 page book features a different animal on each page and a glossary in the back. It also comes with a DVD of bloopers from Jack Hanna's TV show. The animals featured range from a Blue Footed Booby to a Brown Bear. Each page features amazing, unusual and often hilarious facts about the animal. It lists information such as where they live, what they eat and how big they get. It tells what makes them Wild, Wacky, or Weird. Often there are little stories of Jack's wild adventures. He uses humor to draw his young readers in. There is something for everyone to learn in each turn of the page. For example, did you know a Binturong smells like popcorn? Or that a male chameleon has 3 toes on its back feet and a female has 4? I bet you didn't know that a lion's roar can be heard up to five miles away. I highly recommend this book especially if you have small animal lovers in your home. It's bright, it's colorful, it's full of facts, information, stories and pictures. The DVD is good but probably mainly will appeal to older kids. With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Hi Kirstin, that looks like a great book..I like Jack Hanna.

    This cooler weather feels pretty nice doesn't it? Only one more week of school...woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts