Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Zatarains Rice mixes

I love serving Spanish rice with many of our Mexican dishes. But I was getting tired of the average brands I was finding and honestly wasn't liking the homemade versions I tried. I was at a friends house one day and she served a meal with Red Beans and Rice. It was from Zatarain's. I'm telling you. I fell in love with it. I used the Red Beans and Rice or the Black Beans and Rice to fill tortillas for veggie burritos or just as a hearty side to a meal. Recently I tried out their Spanish Rice and that too was pretty amazing. When  I make mine I replace the can of tomatoes with some mild chunky salsa and the flavor is just so much better. I probably use half a jar of salsa for a box of rice. You can visit www.Zatarain's.com for more information on their products and possibly to find a store near you that carries it. I forgot to look at the ingredients as compared to Rice-a-Roni, but I think the ingredients were slightly better. 
Also...last week I posted on the Better than Bouillon product I bought. I finally used it and I love it. The flavor is great. I've used it in soup and then tonight in my chicken potpie, and on Sunday I made gravy with it. It will be a keeper in my kitchen. 
Head over to Tammy's Recipes (www.tammysrecipes.com) for more great tips. (I still haven't figured out what is wrong with my link button...still keeps linking back to my site instead of sending you on your way.)
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts