I'm so Excited!!!!!

There are a few things that have me excited right now. The #1 thing being....MY INTERNET IS BACK UP AND RUNNING!!! Oh, I'm so happy. I sent the technician away with 3 chocolate chip cookies and a huge smile!! That just made my day. It's been 3 weeks since we've gotten internet at the house and let me tell you we were getting tired of it. I just wasn't willing to give up on this company. I knew they could get it back up for me. Even if they thought I was a pest. I'm glad I persisted. 
The second reason I'm excited is that my comforter set finally came. I really like it. Is it the ideal? No, but it was one we could both be happy with for awhile. It came with the comforter, skirt, 2 decorative pillows, 2 king shams, 2 Euro shams (which I don't have pillows to fit), and a sheet set (1000 thread count). It's just nice to have something that matches. 
This is not a very good picture, but you can see two of the pillows (the two side ones) and the two shams in the back. It was a pain getting those king pillows stuffed in there. I don't think they're coming out and we don't sleep with them anyways.
So I have a new bed set, my internet is up and running. What more could I ask for? Ummmm...someone to come and till up my garden spot? Yah, that would be nice. I still haven't gone and talked to the neighbor. I'll leave the garden post for tomorrow.
Today was a nutty but good day. My nephews are in town and so this morning I had the two of them (ages 15 and 12) plus my niece (7months) and my two girls. Everyone cooperated. My niece slept for 2 1/2 hours (a rare thing at my house) and the 4 others did their school and were done in record time! Then they spent the afternoon outside and inside watching movies, playing the wii and going for walks...oh, and carrying some buckets of leaves to my compost pile. My niece left at one and the boys stayed (they're spending the night). 
I forgot how much boys like to eat and unfortunately I need to go grocery shopping so there aren't too many options right now in my house. I decided to make chocolate chip cookies so they'd have something to eat! Between the 4 of them I think they scarfed a dozen! While they watched Pirates of the Caribbean (loudly) in the living room and ate cookies, I hauled all of the girls test books into the kitchen to grade (I'm so far behind). I've had a headache for a few days and just didn't want all the noise. I need to go to the chiropractor and was hoping to do that today but the internet guy was an hour and a half later than expected and by the time he left I had to get dinner going. I decided I had all the ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie with drop biscuits so that is what I made. Although I realized I didn't have milk and not much white flour. Hubby said he'd go buy the milk (since the internet guy was still here) and I used half white and half wheat flour. Dinner was done at 5:10....phew. Just in time for everyone to eat it quick and head out the door for the church. I am now sitting in a nice, quiet house, in my comfy chair with my computer on my lap. Sighhh...if I wasn't almost out of coffee, I'd be drinking a nice hot cup of coffee, but I have enough for one more small pot and I need that in the morning!
It's nice to back in the 21st century. I can now visit you all everyday!! Yippee. Have a great night and I'll see ya tomorrow!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Welcome back!

    I love your new bedding.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you were able to get your internet connection back up and running. LOVE the new comforter!
    (ps - I hate ironing, too. My hubby does a better job than I do).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts