Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!! Are you all recovering from lack of sleep? I'm not sure I am yet. I thought I'd pop in for a quick chat before heading off to bed since hubby informed me that we're going to the gym in the morning. 
Our New Years Eve was a fun evening. It was strange though because both girls spent the night at friends houses. Nan went to her friends in the afternoon so she didn't even come to youth group. Kat went to the church at 3:00 to help decorate for our belated Christmas party (we had to cancel youth group two weeks ago due to snow). Then afterwards she went with her friend (the other girl dressed in elf shorts in the picture....they were Christmas nerds).  So after the youth group party, we headed to the home of one of our young adult couples who were hosting our Young Adults New Years Party. More food and lots of fellowship!! We even played Bunco! I love that game. Hubby didn't enjoy it as much because there is absolutely no strategy involved. It's all luck.  
I would have taken pictures, but my camera experienced a tragedy! I am always forgetting to zip my camera bag. I'll stick the camera in and get distracted (which I did last night), and I forget. Usually I remember though. Not last night. Last night I proceeded to grab the bag, fling it over my shoulder and hear a loud THUD! Looking down, there was my beloved camera. My heart sank to my feet. I picked it up and noticed that the lens cover was cracked in 3 places and the lens was cock-eyed. Not a good sign. Thankfully it was my smaller lens, but sadly it is the one I use ALL THE TIME, and will more than likely need to be replaced. It was a sad night for me. I had some money saved up to buy some new clothes, but now am thinking I just can't live without this lens so bye bye clothes, hello new lens. I'm looking on ebay since that's probably where I'll get the best deal, and a brand new one is about $300. Yikes. Other than that, the night was great. 
We slept in till 8:40. I probably could have slept longer, but I needed to make a salad for our New Years lunch today. I forgot how much I loved the top ramen/cabbage salad. I'll post the recipe tomorrow. Our lunch and day at our friends' house was great fun as well. The two families and all their kids have been getting together for years, since my hubby was younger. We eat, talk, watch football, movies and play games. 
Now we're home, girls are in bed and I'm ready to retire. Tomorrow we head to some other friends' house for cards. I love all the get togethers, but I haven't felt like I've been home enough to get much accomplished. Sometime this weekend I need to get the Christmas decorations taken down.
It is pouring down rain here. Many rivers are flooding (ones that flood every year), but it is serious flooding. Our river is looking okay. we were coming home from our friends tonight and there was quite a bit of water over the roadway. So much that they closed the road. We went to the right to get on the freeway to get home, not realizing the water was over the roadway on the on ramp. But our faithful car got through. The weather report says there could be a mixture of snow and rain tomorrow, and the Farmers Almanac says we should get two more snow storms before winter is over. Hmmmmmm, not sure how I feel about that. 
Well off to bed for tonight. Hopefully I'll be back to post recipes tomorrow. I'm making a few crustless quiches to take with us tomorrow to our friends. Pray they turn out!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Happy New Year!
    you have been busy!!! I have been wondering about all the crazy weather up your way, we are just sooo unusually cold around her but no rain in sight, not so good for these parts but sounds like you are getting your share. Stay safe!
    xo
    julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts