Recipe: Herb Dip

Since Thanksgiving I have made this particular herb dip THREE times. My mom always made it and it is by far one of my favorites. Everyone loves it, especially  my family. And to be honest, I love fresh, raw veggies, but they just taste better with dip. So I don't argue when asked to make it. The last time I made it, I omitted the garlic and onion mainly because I wanted to make it really fast and second, my youngest said it was too strong. So here you go....a new dip recipe to add to your collection. 
Also..the recipe calls for sourcream, but I substituted plain yogurt and it tasted great. Couldn't even tell the difference.

(Printable Recipe)
Creamy Herb Dip
3/4 c. cottage cheese
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
2 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. chopped chives
1 Tbs. grated onion
1 sm. garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
Combine all ingredients. Let sit several hours or overnight in the refrigerator. You can substitute "light" ingredients, but I don't recommend "non-fat".
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Yum Im always looking for good dip recipes. Im going to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. I haven't really found a store bought veggie dip that I'm crazy about so this might be fun to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds very yummy! hope you getting settled into your new home :) very exciting....and just in time for Christmas.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts