Recipe: White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

I found this recipe in the Southern Lady Holidays Magazine. They are sooo good and well worth making! The tartness of the cranberries offsets the sweetness of the white chocolate chips. I also added some walnuts to half the batch (because I absolutely love nuts). It was a good addition.


The only thing I noticed is that when I dropped mine onto the pan and popped them in the oven, they never really flattened out like the picture in the magazine. Sooo, I took a spoon, dipped it in sugar and flattened them myself, just slightly. That helped. 


Printable Recipe
Ingredients:
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 c. milk
2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
2 c. dried cranberries
1 (11-ounce) bag white chocolate morsels


1. Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and milk, beating to combine well.
3. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in oats, cranberries, and white chocolate morsels. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. 
4. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned (mine took 10-12). Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cook completely.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Oh goodness, arent the recipes this time of year just too wonderful?

    Im dropping by to wish you a merry christmas. Blessings to you and yours this season.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts