Menu Plan Monday: Christmas Edition and Family Favorites

Head over to Org Junkie for more menu ideas and Family Favorite Christmas Desserts. I wish I had pictures to share for these recipes, but not this year.
We are hosting both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We will keep our tradition up for Christmas Eve, but I was getting a little tired of Turkey and wanted to do something different and both my MIL and I wanted to keep things simple. 
I have not done as much baking this year as I would have liked (next year though), but we did make a few favorites that everyone loves. There are few that didn't make the menu this year either, like my grandmas amazing cheesecake. I may do a post later tonight or tomorrow with more recipes if you want to check back. This is a killer cheesecake with a sweetened sour cream top that is to die for. There are also some favorite cookies that have been passed down for generations....pizzelles, butter balls, Italian Crullers, thumbprint cookies, scottish shortbread, choc. marshmallow cups and cutout cookies (boy we've missed alot this year). These are all favorite cookies and I hope to add more that are from my girls and I . I included links with recipes that were exactly or very close to the ones we make. 
On the menu for the week:
  • Monday night: We're going shopping so I'll either make a quick chicken casserole or we'll just do sandwiches.
  • Tuesday: Not sure
  • Wednesday: lunch at a friends house, dinner will be clam chowder and salad.
                     Dinner: Chicken Cordon Bleu (recipe below), salad, mashed potatoes,     broccoli and rolls.                       Snacking throughout the day...veggie tray with dip, sausage and cheese platter, hot artichoke dip                       Desserts: Brother in law is bringing desserts, though I may make a pumpkin roll and MIL makes Whoopie Pies, "Pink stuff" and Date Nut Pudding.
I do not have a plan for the rest of the week. My caramel corn and peanut brittle are almost gone, so if there's time, I'll make some more.
Recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu
No measurements since it depends on how much you are making
Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts
dijon mustard
swiss cheese, sliced
ham sliced, one piece per chicken
mayonnaise
paprika, 
seasoned bread crumbs
Flatten chicken breasts till about 1/4" thick, or thin enough to roll. Spread with a touch of dijon mustard and sprinkle with paprika, add a slice of ham and a slice or two of swiss cheese. Roll up and secure with tooth picks. Spread  mayo on outside of chicken roll and roll in bread crumbs. bake at 375 till cooked through.
There is a sauce recipe too that goes with this but I can't find it at the moment.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts