Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Soft Peanut Brittle

Well I'm just a little bit irritated at the moment. I cannot seem to load the Kitchen Tip Tuesday picture (and obviously can't spell...I've had to spell pictures 3 times). I'm going back to bed...oh, wait...I can't do that. I'm babysitting at any moment. Blogger has just been giving me problems..or it could just be my internet. I badly want to post pictures from our vacation, but can't do it from home. Too slow, even though I have high speed internet. Go figure. 
So jump on over to Tammy's Recipes for more great tips and share your own Kitchen tip or recipe. Don't keep them to yourself.
I love peanut brittle, but I do not like it sticking to my teeth. Especially the more problems I have with my teeth. The more I don't like to eat it. Several years ago I found a recipe in our local newspaper for "Soft Peanut Brittle". I knew I had to try it. I did, and I've been hooked ever since. It is so yummy. 
I also wanted to share my grocery rationing from vacation was perfect. We didn't have too much leftover and all the meals were extremely successful.
Soft Peanut Brittle
2 c. creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 c. light corn syrup
2 tbs. butter
 2 c. peanuts, raw or roasted
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. water pus 2tsp., divided
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
Generously grease a marble slab (I noticed in the article is said marble slap...ouch) or cookie sheet, set aside.
In a double boiler over hot water, place peanut butter to heat. Manwhile, prepare syrup in a large saucepan by combining sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 c. water; cook over hight heat to 275 degrees on a candy thermometer. Lower heat to medium, add butter, stirring until melted. Add peanuts, cook, stirring about 5 minutes until candy starts turning brown and reaches 300 degrees on the thermometer.
Remove from heat; stir in baking soda that has been dissolved in remaining 2 tsp. water. Add vanilla.
Working quickly, fold in warm peanut butter, stirring gently. At once, pour candy mixture onto prepared marble slab; quickly spread as thin as possible.
The secret of the candy is quick cooling. When cold, break into serving size pieces.
Trust me...after this recipe, you may not go back to the old version ever again!!
This year I really wanted to get back into making Christmas cookies, but...time and money are just too much of a factor, so I decided to let each girl choose one cookie or candy they want to make and I'll do the same. And that will be our baking for this year. Next year we'll do more, but there just wasn't enough time to plan.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I tried several times to post a pic through blogger this morning and I couldnt either. I kept getting a server error. Ive been baking up a storm here but my weight is beginning to show it! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, yummy! I'm not a big p. brittle fan, but it does bring back memories of how my mom made it!
    We're trying to scale back on the sweets ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom loves pb brittle. I haven't made that for ages. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts