The Countdown Begins

The countdown has begun. We are beginning to pack things up so we can start moving stuff over to the house. At the latest we'll be by the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. I cannot wait! My FIL has brought me boxes so we can start getting the stuff we have at this house packed, then we'll need to go over to where the majority of stuff is stored and pull it out. I admit the other day I was quite overwhelmed. With school and babysitting and other things I was feeling like there was no way I could get anything done. I'm feeling better right now. I've told the girls that other than school and babysitting and obvious church things, we are not doing anything else but packing these next week and a half. Hubby is almost done with the trim work. We needed to purchase, sand and stain more boards so I've been doing that the last few days. I need to go up this morning and do one more coat before I go grocery shopping. It will be nice to be able to show all of you how we live in our "own" house. To blog about simple everyday things. But for now I'm showing pictures of the trim. I'm so proud of my hubby for the hard work he puts into the house. He has truly built an amazing home. With the trim up it feels even more like a home. There'll be little things to finish up once we're in, but we're just going to get in. Doors will need to be painted, paint touched up, etc...
One of the garage windows. Kitchen door. Need to purchase appliances still. Hopefully this weekend.
downstairs hallway window.
garage door
large garage window....I'm so excited to decorate for Christmas.
Downstairs bathroom
upstairs little cubby area. We'll put a chair or small desk here. I have an old secretary's desk of my moms that I may put here and it has book shelves on either side.
Obviously the girls room.
Our room.
Our room.
I was really hoping to do a post on Wednesday for Kats 13th birthday but I never got over to our storage to pull out baby pictures. Maybe I'll do a late one once we're in the house. My posting will probably be very sporadic for the next week and a half. I'll get on when I can. I haven't done much visiting either but once we're in the house I'll be able to. Oh, and we got our line of site internet hooked up so I'll have high speed right away...whoo hoo!
Well, off to stain more boards. Many blessings to all of you!!!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Wow - how exciting! I bet you are very excited about getting to decorate YOUR new house for Christmas! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting to see how close you're getting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts