God is always good!

Well ya know, when you make a declaration sometimes that declaration is tested. I have never been one to fret or worry over finances, even with the financial state that our economy is in right now. First of all, what's the point of worrying? It doesn't solve anything except maybe give you an ulcer. Plus I happen to believe that God is good all the time and even if things are tough my faith in His provision will not falter. 
Two weeks ago I was laying in bed and hubby and I were talking about where our finances were for the house we're building. They are very tight. No extra money anywhere for anything. Okay, no problem. But the minute he rolled over to go to sleep, a million thoughts stormed my mind. Ridiculous ones really. Thoughts like "we're not going to finish it." "We'll never move." "We'll have to sell it." That wasn't even in the thought process of our conversation, but the enemy  knew I guess at that moment I was vulnerable. Then I thought "I must be on for offering on Sunday". And sure enough I was scheduled to take the offering on Sunday morning. Finally I fell asleep telling the enemy "Whatever, Loser!" My God will supply all our need! The next morning I woke up and read:
 Philippians 4:19...And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  
  2 Corinthians 9:10...now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness.
Those words were encouragement to me. They strengthened me and reminded me that my God knows what we have need of and He'll make a way. Well, let me tell you, since that time, we had a blowout on the freeway and thus had to buy 4 new tires. Last night the gentleman we bought our property from (and we share a well, which is on our property now) came over and said they had no water...uh, oh! But we still had some....for about another hour, then I received a text from hubby saying no water! Not good. Probably means the pump died in the well and needs to be replaced. And the cord for my lap top is dying (that's 80+ dollars to replace). And we have no money. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that to say this....my faith and my declarations are no good if they only come when things are going well. Can I make the same declarations and stand unwavering when I can't replace my cord and really need one, or when we have to buy new tires unexpectedly, or if it means no vacation because we need to replace the pump. And can I do that with a good attitude? Yes, I can, and yes I will. 
This morning I read this: 
Psalm 46:1, 5b, 10a...God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble, Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed....God shall help her, just at the break of dawn...Be still and know that I am God...
Psalm 144:1...Happy are the people who are in such a state, Happy are the people whose God is the Lord.
Hubby came home last night and said that it's very possible we would not be going to Sunriver in December because we more than likely were going to need to buy a new pump for the well and we don't want to put it on the credit card. Nan's response was this: "That's okay dad, I wanted to go when I could swim anyways, and being able to go potty is more important than Sunriver". Yah, she was concerned that if we lost our water, dad and our friend and anyone else at the property wouldn't' be able to use the bathroom. ow thoughtful of her. But her attitude was great. See, we love Sunriver, and it's what we look forward to every year. But she understood. Kat's response was good too, but her first response was more "teen" typical. "You mean, we might not get any Christmas presents, and I might not get any birthday money (to buy clothes)". 
Things are tight, I know, for everyone. Grocery money has to be stretched and if your cupboards look like mine your kids probably say, "mom, how can I get creative and find something to eat when all there is, is cans of beans?" (Kat said that to me yesterday..a slight exaggeration, but not much). There was more than a few cans of beans, but not much..my cupboards look pretty sad. I know the gas is tight. We've already used our gas allowance for October. I rarely go to town unless it's to grocery shop. It's tight. But I'm not going to let it sink me. I want to be able to be a hope and a light and a beacon and an encouragement for others who are struggling. And it doesn't do me any good to blame anyone. 
So when you're tempted to fret and worry, go to the word, go to the Lord and ask Him for wisdom and creativity to get through this time. Determine to be one that people come to for encouragement and hope. 
The photo above is of our well when they were testing it originally. Sigh....looks like they'll be back today...hopefully. I'll keep you posted. Until then, pray for me, and I'll pray for you!
**update with the well: It was not our pump. The people we share it with were having some work done on their hot tub and deck, and the workers apparently cut a line. Praise God! No money out of our pocket...or theirs. 
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. oh how i can share in your concern......but, also that we can Praise God through this challenging time. He will provide for our *needs* maybe not our *wants* i'm trying to teach my children the difference. right now we need to only focus on things we need. thank you for sharing......it brings me comfort just knowing there are others out there that understand ones struggles.

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Amen! Amen! Awesome that you are going to His Word - the enemy wants to tell us lies, but our God will supply all of our needs.
    I, too, had an attack yesterday over finances - I had neglected to pay a bill before our friends came and then it is overdue :( We have the money in the bank for it, but I had just forgotton. The enemy had a hayday with me by the time John got home.
    Praying for y'all!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kirstin!
    Love the pics of the pumpkin patch! I am glad your girls get to be close to their cousins! I wanted to share a quote....that is a good reminder in times of worry..."Worry about nothing by praying about everything." It is cool to know that He cares to know about all our little things...well- anyways.prayers and blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts