Fall in the Northwest...well in my neighborhood

I've mentioned that I love fall. I actually love every season, but I love when the leaves change colors. I've had my camera out quite a bit, but mainly in my own town. I haven't ventured out into the great beyond due to trying to conserve gas and I just know there are so many other beautiful places I could photograph!! I'm still hoping to take a little drive sometime. Until then, I thought I'd share a few pictures right around our city that had some beautiful leaves.
Actually this tree was at the soccer field a few towns away, but it was so pretty. 
This is the road coming "down" from our house. I was going to take one coming up, but figured stopping in the middle of the road on a hill around a corner wasn't a very good idea!
A stand of trees next to a church. I've always thought it would be neat to have a tree lined driveway.
Looking into the hills. I love how the fir trees contrast the changing colors.
A view of one of the farms with Mt. St. Helens in the distance. Hopefully I'll have more pictures to share in the near future.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. fantastic!
    you are really a great person with a nice sense .loving nature and feeling it is a great value because it make man inspired and enhanced
    I really admire your blog too much
    hope to visit me at
    http://www.lifeology.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! how beautiful :) i want to live there!!!!!

    happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking pictures! We don't have the changing of the leaves here in Florida. So thank you for my "virtual fall". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the shot of Mt St Helens in the distance! When I lived in Portland (93-99), I hiked it twice with some coworkers. Beautiful!

    Blessings!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! I love Fall! That last one should be framed! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa. We can turn around in all directions and drive several hours and not come close to seeing something as majestic as Mt St Helen's in the distance! Gorgeous.

    Is anyone doing a fall colors carnival? Your post should be on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad these pictures were enjoyed by many. It's funny how we take for granted what is always before us. I'm sure if I came to any one of your towns I'd find something amazing, that maybe you see as just normal. To see huge looming mountains is so normal here that we forget the majesty. Not too often though because I do find them breathtaking. In my 30 minute drive to the city I see 2 beautiful snow covered mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these photos are sooo beautiful, what a view of Mt.St.Helens and the colors of those trees,we definitely don't have that in Cali!
    so fun to stop by your blog,
    julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts