The Biggest Loser

I love the show "The Biggest Loser". In fact our whole family loves it. We love seeing how great everyone does, even those who've been voted off. Well, the Biggest Loser came to my town. Okay, well, not really the show, or Jillian or Bob, but right now, at our church, my pastors wife and daughter are putting on a Biggest Loser. I joined right up. Our first time to meet was last night. They weighed us, and measured us and determined our body fat. Then as we finished (they had 15 people to do) we went and walked a mile. After returning they did a series of strength exercises and stretches. Then they talked about nutrition.
Now, I only need to lose about 40lbs, 50 would be cool. But the majority of people have much more to lose. We're only doing this for 2 months and alot of it will be on our own since we only meet twice a week for 2 hours. During those 2 hours, the majority of it will be exercise and about 20 minutes will be talking about nutrition. I feel like I have alot of the nutrition down (except a few of my nasty habits...that I hope to break) but really need help in the exercise realm.
Everyone paid $100 and the 1st and 2nd place winners get portions of the total amount. I would love to win....we'll see what happens. It is based on total %of weight loss. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I went for my mile walk today and took my 3lb. weights with me. Kat is going to keep me on my eating toes. My Mother-in-law sent me to McDonalds today with my girls and two nephews for lunch and Kat only let me have a salad with vinaigrette dressing and I ate her fruit and yogurt. She is into nutrition, exercise and health. She's good for me. I said to her when we arrived, "can't I just have a plain hamburger with nothing on it?" She said "mom, these hamburgers are terrible for you". She had a salad too!
I made some goals for myself. I'm going to share them with you because then maybe that will help me stay on track:
  • Decrease daily coffee intake
  • Increase raw fruit and veggie intake
  • Eat when hungry (tummy growling), stop when satisfied.
  • some form of daily exercise
  • Minimize snacking and choose other snack forms (fruit, nuts,)
  • Go to the Word, or begin praying instead of going to food.
  • Increase my water consumption.
So there you have it. I am now accountable to everyone out there.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. What a cool idea! I need to join one as well! And right now during the fall and winter months is always the hardest! Best of luck in this and can't wait to hear how this all works out! =O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea! Praying for the best for you in this. I like your list of items to do - a few of them would be very helpful for me, too - especially the smart snacks one.
    There is a website (livestrong - Lance Armstrong's thing) that has "The Daily Plate" where you can count all of your calories, enter exercise that you have done, etc - it is a sort of accountability because you see all that you have eaten. I saw once that those who journal while trying to lose weight have a better success rate of losing the weight. I used "The Daily Plate" for a couple of days, but it took up just a bit too much time.
    Blessings!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck. I am sure that having that accountablility will make things go faster and be a littl easier. Also the chance to ear some cash too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you! i know you can do it.....don't get discouraged though....losing weight can be challenging. I've been trying for months now......

    can't wait to hear how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. I hope you accomplish your goal! I haven't exercised since Wednesday (we did bikes that day), due to all this sinus crud, and I feel miserable! I want to be out running or biking so badly, but I just can't do it right now. I'm very annoyed that I got sick right after I was doing so well! It's going to be a nightmare getting back on track! I hope you are able to stay well and not have any big obstacles - it sure makes it easier! And I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts