Things are coming along

I don't have pictures to post yet, but I should have some by tomorrow night or Wednesday. I'm torn though....I'm tempted to wait until the house is all painted (tomorrow) and the concrete is poured (beginning Wednesday). But I just don't know if I can wait that long!! We'll see. Plus I've been putting alot of my pictures on my laptop now so they're aren't accessible if I use my desktop....especially if my hubby takes my laptop with him to town....like he did today~! Tonight Nan and I went up and did some painting. She did some painting at the base of all the upstairs walls (I didn't paint all the way down because I knew we were putting trim up, but...we don't know when we'll get trim up so we decided to paint all the way to the floor). She did an amazing job. I painted over the taping in the girls bathroom. Apparently, if you paint over your taping with the base color, then when you paint a top color, it will have been the base color that bleeds through and you should have a straight, clean line..I don't know if I explained that well but I'll let you know how it worked. I had tried to take a picture of the girls bathroom but couldn't get a good shot of the color. It made it look really orange instead of peach. The base color is pizzaz peach, and the color of the stripes will be an orange. It should look really neat. After the girls bathroom is done, I'll only need to paint the garage area, which I should be able to do in a few days time! Yippeee! I will have some touch up stuff to do on the ceilings, but that'll be okay. Next Tuesday I start babysitting my niece (baby Ava) while my mother-in-law attends a school at our church. I'm thinking that since I'll be at the house with her from 8-12:30ish, I may just go ahead and have the girls do some school. I originally wasn't' going to start school till October, but it would make sense to have them do some while we babysit. We'll see how it all goes. Well, just wanted to give a few updates. I've missed visiting all my favorite blogs. Some I've just had time to peek in and read but not comment...sorry! I can't wait to back on track. Oh, if all goes well, we could be in our house in 6 weeks! I'm not holding to that, but that seems reasonable. Please pray it happens~!! With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Oh no - don't wait until it is finished to update pictures - I LOVE pictures :) No pressure, though. Very cool that you see the end in sight - blessings to you as you finish these final stages!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts