Works for Me Wednesday: Cleaning made easier

I always read through the Works for me Wednesdays before I post my own and I find so many great things and ideas that I forget what "works for me". But, a few things have come to mind. The first is Comet. I love that stuff. The lady we live with (we're building a house so we are living with someone) has porcelain sinks that are forever getting stained, or marked by pans. The other day I dumped some comet in there, scrubbed away, let it set, scrubbed again and rinsed. Wha lah! They looked good as new. I used this on the stove as well. No scratches and everything came off. The other thing that works for me and I hope to implement it in our new home, is keeping cleaning supplies in all bathrooms, kitchen and laundry room. This makes quick clean ups, or daily clean up needs more convenient and more likely to happen because the supplies are right there and you don't have to run up and down stairs to find what you need. In a plastic tote keep: a sponge, some type of cleaning brush and form of cleaning pad, windex, toilet cleaner for bathrooms, Comet, or other cleaner for sinks, tubs and counters and floor cleaner, paper towels and rags. Also keep a small broom and dust pan handy. I also found that using a used or new fabric softener quickly picked up the hair off the floor (and with three girls, there's lots of hair) and didn't leave it clinging to the broom. A swiffer is a great thing to have as well! I loved mine after we re-did our floors in our old house. So there you have it. What works for me this week! With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Cleaning is QUITE the task, and your right...keeping something in every room makes it much easier. I do the same. I use Bon Ami (just like comet) and I always forget how fabulous it is until I need to use it again. That stuff is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I am so glad that I found you through Our Red House! I know that I have a day of the week for each room in my house. I don't always get them done on those days, but if I miss one, it is easy to catch up! :) I am so glad I stopped by!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts