A Little......Mommy Moment!

I am having a (sigh), mommy moment! Today my amazing 12 year old went to her first youth conference.......without us! She is probably now in Kirkland, Washington at the City Churches Generation Conference. That is just so weird....... We have been youth pastors for 15 years and have been going to youth conferences for....15 years. This is the first one that we haven't attended. And the first one that she has attended! So it is a very weird thing. (I know, I said that already) She was so excited though. Yesterday we went and she got a hair cut, and then went to the grocery store to pick out goodies for the trip...gotta have those snacks you know! We made sure all her laundry was done and she knew what to pack. I tried to let her do most of it herself and she did wonderful of course. KAT is very much a home body. She loves being with other people, but she really loves being with us. I'm praying she doesn't get homesick. She's with great friends though and the leaders who went she is completely at home with...we're just all one big happy family. I told her I'd rent Mulan II for her and we'd watch it Saturday night when she came home. I bought her 3 really cute cards and a pack of Hershey's Kissables. One card each for the 3 days she'll be gone. I tucked them in her suitcase with the kisses. She happened to open her bag at the church and saw them.."thanks for doing that, mom" she said. And about a million hugs to mom and dad later, she was off! I'll let you all know how it went. With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. My daughter (11) has been off to camp 2 times, and loved it. I always mailed little notes to the camp ahead of time.
    Fun memories.
    You're a great Mama!!!
    PS My hubby is up in Pasco tonight speaking at men's conference. Do you live by Pasco?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts