Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

I have always loved Chicken Cacciatore. My mom used to make this alot and it is just one of those family recipes worth keeping. I adapted it a little and now I always make it in my crockpot. If you look around online, there are many different versions of this wonderful meal. Here is my version

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 10 oz. can tomato sauce
1 8oz. can tomato paste
1 10 oz. can diced tomatos
1/2 onion chopped
2 c. sliced mushrooms
1 red pepper sliced
2 cloves chopped garlic
thyme, allspice, garlic powder, italian seasoning to taste

Place chicken in bottom of crockpot. Mix tomato sauce and paste together. Add seasonings and diced tomatoes. Set aside. Place all veggies on top of chicken, then top with sauce. 
Cook on low all day, or on high till chicken is cooked through.

We serve this over brown rice, though it could be served over pasta, or gnocchi.

Do not add extra liquid as this sometimes will get too runny for my liking. I don't even bother defrosting the chicken (which could be why it's runnier..but I just thicken it)

Note: We ended up not eating this on the day I made it, so I froze it and reheated it later. I actually liked it better after it had sat for a bit. I thickened it up a bit more by adding some more tomato paste.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Dear Kirstin,

    I have tagged you for the "Archive Meme". You can find out about it on my blog.

    hugs,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! This looks perfect for a basketball game night when we are in a rush! Isn't it intresting how so many things taste better after you have cooked and reheated them?
    Hope you are having a perfect weekend!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts