Works for Me Wednesday: What to do with all those home videos

I was so happy when I saw that it was backwards day at "Works for Me Wednesday" for two reasons. #1 I haven't been feeling well and thus I don't have a whole lot of creativity flowing through my brain at the moment and #2 I have a question that I'd love to get everyone's ideas on. I, like many of you I'm sure, have an over abundance of home videos. I even have several different sizes of video tapes. My mom was famous for only taping a few minutes on each tape so I have several from her that aren't even full. They are not necessarily in any order either. Some are all soccer, or all vacation, but others are a smorgasborg of several things. They are taking up space and we don't enjoy them because it's a hassle to watch them. I would love to put them all onto DVD but it seems so expensive. I know I could do it on my computer, but I don't think it has that much space and honestly I don't know how to do it. Have any of you transferred your home movies to DVD, and what do you recommend doing? If you are in SW Washington or Portland area maybe you can recommend a place to me. Or is there a cheaper way to do it at home? Maybe a gadget out there that I'm missing?

Comments

  1. We haven't done it yet....we just cleaned up the garage and there was a whole box FULL of VHS...our wedding, the birth of my daughter...not to mention countless movies that have not been released on DVD yet. I think DH said its fairly easy to transfer them to disc,,,I;ll let you know if we get around to it anytime soon.

    I hope you are feeling better!
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy how many tapes we accumulate! Well when either of us finds a solution, we'll let the other know.
    I am trying to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness I have to organize all mine too but for now its way on the back of my list. I have no idea how to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts