Chicken Soup and Homemade Rolls

Hi all! Thought I'd finally share the recipe for the yummy wheat rolls and Chicken soup I made last week. I've linked the Wheat Rolls to where I found the original recipe. The only thing I did differently was that I used 3 cups wheat flour, and 1 cup white flour. A few of the comments said using all wheat made them very dense, which I would have been fine with, but I was making these for someone else and wasn't sure they would like it that way. Nonetheless, they were very good and baking them in the muffin tins make them look "pretty". Chicken soup recipe will be posted after the pictures.
Don't they look pretty.....all you food picture taking ladies have corrupted me! My daughters now say when I make a meal or anything for that matter, "are you going to take a picture and put it on your blog"...yes, I'm corrupted. But it's fun!
Chunky Chicken Soup
1 whole chicken (approx. 3 lbs.)
leafy tops of celery
onion
celery seed
2 chicken bouillon cubes
chicken broth if needed
carrots
celery
potatoes
onion
Italian seasoning
basil
garlic powder
pepper
dash salt
This is one of those soups that is just a matter of taste when it comes to how much of each ingredient you put in. Place the chicken in a large soup pan and cover with water. Into that water I place some cut up tops of the celery (they leafy part), sprinkle with some celery seed and also some chopped onion. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked all the way through (usually around 1 1/2 -2 hours). Remove chicken from pan and let cool. Remove celery and onion pieces as well. (At this point you could put the stock in the refrigerator overnight in order to skim off the fat from the chicken).
Remove chicken from bone and add back into the stock with bouillon cubes and additional chicken broth if needed.
Chop vegetables and add to soup. Add whatever amount you prefer. I like it chunky so I add quite a bit of veggies. This last time I used baby potatoes and small red potatoes and just quartered them, leaving the skins on. Bring soup to boil, cook for about 5 minutes then reduce heat. Add seasonings to taste. Cook till veggies are desired texture. Add noodles or dumplings in during the last 15 minutes of cooking. This time I used small shell pasta for the couple I made it for and just left it as it was for us. I like to serve it with Parmesan cheese on top...Yep I am 1/2 Italian, so almost everything has garlic, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese...YUM-O!
Enjoy! With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I want one of those rolls! Looks good!

    I also dropped by to tell you I have moved.

    Still trying to get some kinks worked out but I am now on my own domain on Wordpress. You are welcome to join me over there. You have the option of registering for the site, or just using your info from blogger.

    Have a nice evening! Hope to see you soon! Click the link below!

    http://dangerouslydeliciousrecipes.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jasmine...I will be regularly visiting your site. I checked it out yesterday or early today I think...looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those rolls do look lovely!!

    and Yes...you probably passed my exit while you were on 18...did you give me a wave?? LOL

    DD says its snowing again right now...
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts