Wednesday Hodgepodge
2. Something recently that had you on 'cloud nine'? Probably our 10 day vacation through the NE States! Definitely had me on cloud nine.
3. Tell us about a time, circumstance, experience, or decision you made where the saying 'a stitch in time saves nine' proved true. Well, perhaps when we noticed we had a water leak we took care of it right away before it became a bigger deal.
4. A recipe you make that calls for exactly nine ingredients? I have absolutely no idea. Okay, I found one, and realized I need to update recipes on the blog. This creamy herb dip is always a hit when I bring it to gatherings.
5. This coming Friday is Veterans Day in the US of A. Will you mark the day in some way? I will be working all day. Are you a veteran? I am not a veteran but have many family members who are. If you live outside the US does your country have a day dedicated to celebrating veterans?
I had a few pictures of my dad and grandpa from Veterans Day but I can't find them. This photo was of my youngest daughter in front of the remembrance wall in Vancouver, Wa honoring veterans from WW2 through Vietnam war. It was one of her senior photos.6. Insert your own random thought here. It's Wednesday so heading to babysit soon. I've been under the weather and finally feeling almost back to normal except for an irritating dry cough. I just had a cold and it wasn't horrible but had me sleeping on the recliner for a week. Uggh.
I mentioned above working on posts from our NE states trip. I have 3 done so far.
1. NE States Road Trip Part 1...Planning, Prep and travel day
2. NE States Road Trip Part 2...Day 2 Southeastern NH and Maine
3. NE States Road Trip Part 3...Day 3, Maine and New Hampshire
It's been fun creating the posts, but boy I realized I needed to be documenting a whole lot more than I did.
My oldest daughter turns 27 this weekend. Wow. Where does the time go. We aren't celebrating though til December...just not a lot of open slots so we'll celebrate hers and mine on December 10th. She is getting together with friends this weekend and asked if I'd make a batch of chicken wings so I'll be doing that.



I need to go read through your trip and will do that as soon as I get it together here at home. We have had such a busy few weeks. I love the NE states and living most of my life on the east coast have made several trips there. I think Maine is my favorite. Happy birthday to your daughter!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joyce. We had some much fun on our trip, but I know how busy things can get and no time to sit and read. I so badly want to read more of peoples blogs but I just can't seem to do it usually. :(
DeleteI've always wanted to do a fall "leaf looking" trip up through the NE states. I can't wait to read about your trip!
ReplyDeleteSo gorgeous. Definitely worth it.
DeleteI don't dress to the nines either. I love the photo you shared. I liked reading all of your answers. Take care.
ReplyDeleteTHank you!
Delete