Recipe: Teriyaki Green Beans

 I first had these beans when we had some friends of ours over and she made them. I knew I wanted to make them again. A few weeks ago I was grocery shopping and sent her a text to find out how she made them and what she used, then made sure I had all the ingredients. It would be a few more weeks before I'd make them. Last week I picked up the beans I wanted, got a few more ingredients and decided to make them when I made my yummy salmon.


Have you ever tried to duplicate someone elses recipe, especially when there isn't really a "recipe" to follow. Sometimes, sadly, it doesn't turn out. Well, not so with this one. They were just as amazing as when she made them. YaY!!!


....New Feature: Printable Recipes...I figured it out. So go to Printable Recipe for today's recipe.
Ingredients:
  • French Cut Green Beans (I bought a bag in Costco's produce section)
  • EVOO & 1 Tbs. butter
  • 1 clove garlic, minced (more depending on how much you're making)
  • Johnny's seasoning
  • pepper
  • 2 Tbs. soy sauce
  • 2 Tbs. agave nectar (again, more or less depending on how many beans you're making)

  • In a large saute pan, add EVOO (a few tablespoons) and butter. Melt. 
  • Add beans (I didn't trim these at all, just threw them right in the pan), garlic and season with pepper and Johnny's (no measurements, just eyeball it).
  • Stir and cook about 3-5 minutes on medium.
  • Add soy sauce and agave nectar (or you can use any teriyaki sauce). Cook and stir until beans are crisp tender.
  • Serve with flavored, sliced almonds (they type you buy to put on salads...I used tomato and basil flavor)
 Your family and your guests will not be disappointed. I would even venture to guess that even the most picky veggie eater, might love these.

I'm linking this up to Tasty Tuesday and Hearth and Soul. I can't wait to see what other recipes are being posted.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Green beans looks awesome. I love teriyaki sauce. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish, friend. I might have to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog and saying hi. It was good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your wonderful notes. I actually made some of these beans yesterday for lunch and ate them today.....cold! I know, but they were so yummy and crispy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya, I LOVED making your green beans for SRC today! They turned out so yummy! Wonderful site you have here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts