Wednesday Hodgepodge
2. Do you have a junk drawer? Yes I do. Actually I have two. One in our old kitchen, and one in the new kitchen addition. Is it full? No, and I try to keep it organized because my hubby really doesn't like junk drawers. Do you know what's in it? What's in it? I'll just show you!
3. When does time pass quickly for you? Vacations....or even my days off seem to pass quickly. When does it pass slowly? When I'm working...lol. Sometimes it goes by fast though...or when I'm working out...a minute is super long when you're holding a plank or doing a minutes worth of exercise that's hard.
4. These eight vegetables are in season during spring-asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, celery, collard greens, garlic, herbs. What's your favorite? I like all of them, but I love asparagus. Any on the list you refuse to eat? I don't think I refuse to eat any, though I haven't had collard greens much. Last one on the list you ate? Broccoli.
5. What's the oldest thing you own? I'm going to go with two antique furniture pieces that my mom got many years ago from a few local antique stores. Tell us about it. One is a secretary desk, the other is a wash stand. I love them both. I don't know much of their history but I wish I did.
6. Insert your own random thought here. The movie I went to see with my girls, The Journey with Andrea Bocelli was really good. I had also entered a giveaway on Kym's blog, A Fresh Cup of Coffee, and got an email today that I won. How fun!!!
I had gone 6 months with no monthly cycle, was pretty excited, and then boom, two weeks ago, "hello, Aunt Flo". Now I have to start counting down all over. I haven't been sleeping well and hot flashes have started coming back. No fun!
I will say that I successfully completed the 12 weeks of getting 70,000 steps a week. We started over and this time added doing 140 pushups a week, 210 situps a week and a total of a 7 minute plank a week...could be 1 minute a day, or more, however we want to divide things up. I also am trying to get the equivalent of 5 miles 3 days a week. Usually 10,000 steps is about 4.36 miles for me, so it's challenging me to increase my daily steps.






Wow, good for you on the exercise goal you're mastering. I didn't eat collard greens growing up (they were not a common vegetable in NJ), but now that we live in the south they're readily available. My daughter's father in law grows them and I like the way he cooks them. I've cooked them and bought a pot to use just for that because I think the smell lingers. Hope you have a great day!
ReplyDeleteThank you Joyce. It's becoming a habit and I like it though I can be a bit obsessed with it..haha.
DeleteWe have the turntable scrabble too. I'm trying to get Mark to play with me. Your drawers look wonderful. Mine have been getting abused for 16 years now! Several of us haven't tried Collard Greens. Those pieces of furniture are lovely. I heard that was a good movie. Sorry about your monthly cycle issues. I have a friend going through that now. Way to go on your steps. Hope you have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteTHank you for visiting.
Delete