Pizookie Recipe.....Oh My Word!



I was just looking through all my pictures and I found a few from February when I made a Pizookie. Have you ever had a Pizookie? One of the restaurants we like to go to serves them and they are divine. I bought some cute baking dishes and my first thought was "I can make personal size pizookies". Then it took me several months to actually use them. Valentines Day seemed the perfect day for it, so that was what I made for dessert. I also made this Cinnamon Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie...WOW. 
Basically with the Pizookie I made for Valentines Day can be made using any cookie recipe, you just put the dough in the pans rather than dropped on a sheet. I'll post the recipe I used that day, but really any recipe would work. I think the key is not overcooking it because you do want it a bit gooey, but still cooked through if that makes sense. Serve it warm with ice cream and you are set.

Ingredients:

1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lg. egg
1 c. chocolate chips
vanilla ice cream (or other flavor of your choice)

Other needed items: 

6 small oven safe ramekins or you could just use a cast iron skillet

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.

2. In another bowl, mix butter till creamy. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Beat til combined. Slowly add flour mixture until all is added and well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Divide batter evenly between greased ramekins, approximately 4 Tbs. each. You can use a cookie scoop if that makes it easier. Spread evenly in pan. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden on the edges and still soft in the middle. Remove and let sit 5 minutes before serving. 
So yummy, and you can do any other type of cookie you want. It's a fun way to change it up. I admit I don't think I ate all of mine it was so rich!.




With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts