Recipe: Tender Lamb Chops



I mentioned in this post that I made lamb chops for Easter lunch for my hubby, youngest daughter and I. I also mentioned that I kind of, sort of panicked because the cut I bought said it needed a longer cooking time than what I had available. HOWEVER, my little tweaks caused them to turn out amazing!  I took tips from one post and the recipe I originally wanted to make and threw caution to the wind. The results were tender chops bursting with flavor...no joke! I cannot wait to make some again, though at $13.00 for 4 I may have to wait a few weeks or months. 

The original recipe I found was on the Food and Wine website. Find that recipe here. All they had to do was put garlic in the recipe title and I was hooked. I followed it pretty much to the "T" but let my lamb simmer in the pan for an hour total on Medium low and frequently basted it with the liquid in the pan. So moist, tender, and popping with flavor. It was a sure hit.
Ingredients:

Lamb chops
Salt and pepper
pinch of dried thyme
3 Tbs. olive oil
10 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
3 Tbs. water
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs. minced parsley, or chop some fresh
pinch crushed red pepper

Instructions:

1. Season lamb chops with salt, pepper and thyme.

2. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add chops and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until chops are browned on the bottom. Flip and do the same for the other side. 

3. Transfer chops to plate temporarily (depending on the type of chops you have, remember mine needed a longer cooking time). Add remaining ingredients to the pan and allow sauce to heat up, scraping any scraps off bottom. At this point, if you want or need to, add the chops back into liquid, and lower heat to a simmer, allowing chops to cook for another 45 minutes to an hour depending on thickness. Baste periodically with liquid in the pan. 

4. Remove from pan and pour sauce over chops before serving.

I knew mine were done when they began to easily pull apart from the bone.

We enjoyed ours with potatoes and veggies.








With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Popular Posts