Recipe: Hot Ham and Cheese Roll Ups

Monday afternoon I was preparing to make a half a batch of cinnamon rolls so I could leave some at my newly married daughter's house for her and her hubby to have for breakfast the next morning (they flew back from their honeymoon late Monday night). I'm part way through the recipe and realize I didn't half the recipe and was thus making A LOT of cinnamon rolls. I got the dough rolled out and thought "you know, I'm just going to cut some of this off and use the dough for regular rolls or something else". Wah-lah! I wasn't inundated with way too many cinnamon rolls. I wrapped the leftover dough in plastic wrap for the next day and placed in the fridge.

Now, what to do with that dough. I wanted something more than just rolls. I consulted with my refrigerator to see what was lying in it's depths. I found some sliced ham that needed to be used and some leftover Gruyere cheese from Christmas. I decided to make a ham and cheese roll up. YUM! These were awesome. So next time you have some extra dough, cook these babies up. You won't be disappointed. Remember I was just throwing this together and depending on how much dough you have, will determine the amounts on ingredients. I'll give you approximates on the sauce that I put on top...I would definitely double or triple it though next time.

Ingredients:

bread dough
sliced ham
gruyere and white cheddar cheese (I  mixed the two)
mayonnaise
dijon mustard
1/4 c. Honey
2 tsp. deli mustard
2 Tbs. brown sugar


Instructions:

1. If dough has been refrigerated, let it come to room temperature so it's easy to roll out. I refrigerated my dough after the first rise, because it had risen and I rolled it out for the cinnamon rolls before deciding to save some.

2. Once at correct temp, roll out into a rectangle about 1/8-1/4" thick. 
3. In a bowl combine mayo and dijon mustard. Enough to spread a thin layer across dough.

4. top dough with ham and then cheese. Roll up tightly. Slice in about 1-1 1/2" thick slices and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Set aside in a warm spot until doubled in size. I like to place mine in a warm (turned off) oven.
5. In a seperate bowl, combine honey, deli mustard and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Brush over tops of dough before baking.

6. Back at 375 about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Enjoy warm!

With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I've made something similar with canned crescent rolls, several times, and they're friggin delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts