I doubled the recipe and made two tortes. It is a perfect recipe to make when all those juicy strawberries are ready for the picking, and actually, it's so sweet and rich that if the berries are a little tart it balances it all out. It takes very few ingredients and doesn't take too long to make, and yet it looks so elegant!
1 pkg. brownie mix
1 (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. cold water
1 (4oz) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1 (4oz) cool whip
strawberries, hulled & sliced
1. Grease 2 9-inch round layer cake pans. Line with wax paper, extending up sides of pans; grease wax paper.
2. Prepare brownie mix as package directs for cake-like brownies; pour into prepared pans.
3. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Cool.
4. In large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk & water. Beat in pudding, mix and chill 5 min.
5. Fold in whipped topping. Chill for a little while longer to allow filling to thicken a bit more.
6. Place 1 brownie layer on serving plate. Top with half each of the pudding mixture & strawberries. Repeat.
7. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
Tasty TuesdayI'm linking this up to:
...boy do I have a lot of recipes to look at.
With Joy UNquenchable,