Recipe: German Pancakes

Yesterday I posted a picture on my FB of the German Pancake I made for breakfast. I was surprised at how many people had never heard of a German Pancake. I thought I'd share the recipe here today. Some people call them Dutch Babies. I call them good!

I'm also going to share another recipe that is very similar to a German Pancake but with a bit of a twist.

(Printable Recipe)
 

German Pancakes


6 eggs
1 c. milk
1 c. flour
2 Tbs. sugar
pinch of salt
 Preheat oven to 400. Drop about 2 Tbs. butter into a 9 x 13 pan. Place in oven to melt, then remove.

Mix all ingredients together. 
Pour into pan. 
Bake for 20-25 minutes.


Remove from oven and serve with whatever toppings suit your fancy:
  •          fruit
  •          syrup
  •          lemon juice
  •          powdered sugar


Now for the other version, named a Hawaiian Pancake (I have no idea why, there is nothing Hawaiian about it). Cook up 3-4 strips of bacon. in a 9 x 13 pan, or in two pie plates, break up bacon and spread on the bottom of a sprayed pan. Mix together 4 eggs, 1 c. flour, 2 Tbs. sugar, 3/4 tsp. salt, & 2 c. milk. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes until done. Serve with whipped cream, bananas and strawberries. You could add any fruit you want....sooo yummy.
 
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. looks yummy....think i'll make it on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten...thank you for stopping by. The Vegan Diner is out early. It is available on Amazon for less than $14.00. I am going to make Dutch Babies tomorrow! :0

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts