Recipe: Breakfast Cookies

 Last weekend I threw together some breakfast cookies to take with us to a full day/weekend of soccer games. I had hoped to make them Friday, but it didn't happen. Saturday morning Kat told me to be sure to pack "lots" of food. Ummmm...well, I didn't have "LOTS" of food, so with an hour to go before I had to walk out the door I decided to make these cookies to add to our cooler (see yesterday's post).


I had never made them before and had to move fast, which right there should have made me stop and just not worry about it, but I was determined to make them. Of course just as I started making them hubby asked me to stop at Booster Juice to get him a drink before heading to the game, and Kat informed me I needed to get gas in the car....seriously?! I did make it to the game on time...I felt like wonder woman and even managed to get myself a coffee too.
 
They turned out so yummy. They are filled with good for you ingredients to fuel your bodies! My girls loved them.



(Printable Recipe)
 
Ingredients:


1/4 c. oil
1/2 c. peanut butter
up to 1/4 c. cane sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2Tbs whole flax seed (grind) or 5 Tbs pre-ground flax seed
6 Tbs. water
1 1/4 c. multi grain cereal mix (or you can use flour)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2-3 c. oats
1/2 c. unsalted pumpkin seeds
1/2 c. golden raisins
1/2 c. dried cranberries

*Note: I didn't have raisins or cranberries, but used chopped dried apricots and some chocolate chips. You can substitute whatever you want for the seeds/fruit.



Preheat oven to 350.

In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. 


In a separate bowl, mix ground flax with water and set aside. 

In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. 

Add flax mixture to wet mixture until well blended, and then gradually add dry ingredients until well blended. 

Stir in oats, dried fruit, seeds and chocolate chips if using. 

On a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper (or nonstick cookie sheet) drop dough by 1/3 cupfuls and pat down slightly.

Bake for 15-17 minutes or until edges begin to brown.

Let stand 3 minutes before removing from baking sheet. 

I baked them for about 10 minutes, so watch the first batch to determine how long they'll take.

I'm linking this up to Tasty Tuesday over at Beauty and Bedlam.


With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. those look so good :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to make some bars or cookies like this! These look great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts