Some of my Faves

Darcy over at Life with My 3 Boybarians has been doing a tremendous job (in my opinion) with her photography tutorials this month. I'm almost sad to see them end in a few weeks. I've learned so much.

The last few days she has been talking about equipment. I am not a pro-photographer, I don't even know if I'd consider myself a photographer, though I always have my camera and I love to take pictures. My camera is older (purchased about 5+ years ago). It's a Nikon D50. It came with a kit lens (which I actually broke two years ago and have since bought another one that I think is a bit better), and my hubby bought me a Quantaray 70-300 lens that was around $200. Not expensive by any means and probably would be considered a "terrible" lens by most photographers. But for this stay-at-home mom with a ministry working hubby and a budget, these work for me.



I would love to have a newer camera, I'm looking at the Nikon D7000 now, and I was just recently drooling over lenses, but a lens that is several thousand dollars is just not in my grasp right now. I've learned to be content with what I have at the moment. Do I hope to upgrade? Yes! Are there other things that take priority? Yes!

I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures that I took with my supposed "terrible" lenses. Will they win any awards? Probably not. Would a professional photographer look at them and think they were good? Possibly not. Do they bring back memories and pleasure when I look at them? TOTALLY!!! And to me, that's what matters! Do I get camera and lens envy? Yep, but I keep it in perspective and I'm okay.






















With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Thank you, Kristin, for sharing your thoughts on cameras. I'm sure it will be a while before I purchase. It is helpful to hear what other people like and have been happy with, or are considering buying.
    By the way, i think your photos are beautiful. so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your photos look great! You have a really good eye for picking a subject and setting.

    Audley bought me a D5000 for our anniversary this year. It's not top of the line, but I have no complaints about the features it has. It's just a step above a novice camera and suits me just fine for now. If you purchase it from Wolf/Ritz camera they have really great packages for the larger lenses, insurance, and free photography classes.

    I look forward to seeing your continued progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are fabulous and your love for your subjects is very evident. I too am drooling over the new Nikon d7000...I can't wait to get my hands on one just to see if it lives up to all of the hype. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for your nice comments. I love all of your pictures too (C:

    Kristi I've been really looking around to decide what I wanted. Originally I was going to get the D5000 but was wanting a little bit more from a camera because I wanted to be able to shoot pictures during some of our conferences at church and felt this had more available. I don't know when I'll be able to upgrade, and who knows, by then they may come out with another one (C:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are beautiful. Don't worry about your camera, just keep taking shots because you have talent and will learn. Next Monday at It's a Blog Party they are starting a photography link party. I hope you will link up some of your great pix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are gorgeous! I love the Christmas picture. They're all so crisp! I'm still trying to figure out how to use my Cannon 50D. Thanks for sharing the link to Life with My 3 Boybarians!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving these pictures and wanna see more. Thanks for stopping by. I'm going to start following you - hope to see more beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts