Tasty Tuesday: Vegan Chocolate Cake

This recipe is so good that whether you are vegan, not vegan, know a vegan, or don't know a vegan, you will make this recipe many, many times. It's rich, it's moist and I may just go eat some right now.

Last night we had 12 people over for dinner. A few weeks ago a friend of ours had given me a recipe for Vegan Cake with several different options (banana, vanilla, chocolate). I've made the banana version and loved it. Last night I decided to go for the chocolate version and loved it even more. We topped it with whipped topping and fresh strawberries and raspberries. 

I did not take any pictures because our day was so crazy busy, I just did not have any time to pull out the camera. I made mine in some little bundt pans (the pan looks like muffin pan but with bundt shape cups). One per person was perfect. I did double the recipe and it made just enough for 12. Making a single recipe would work for regular size cupcakes.

Ingredients: For Single Recipe

1 1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. cocoa flour
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. water
1 Tbs. vinegar
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients. Put in a greased and floured layer cake pan (makes 1 layer cake), or cupcake pans (makes 12 cupcakes). Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

I'm linking this up to Tasty Tuesday over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.
  
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Sounds a lot like my "no dirty dishes" chocolate cake. I would love to see the banana recipe - sounds great! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. for the banana recipe substitute 1 c. smashed bananas for 1 c. water, and reduce sugar to 2/3 c.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts