Works for Me Wednesday: Using photo editing!

Yesterday I went with my niece and MIL to take some pictures at our local tulip festival. I'm by no means a great photographer, and often really don't know what I'm doing. Sure I have a really nice camera, but I don't really know how to use it to its full capacity. I almost always shoot on auto mode! I'd love to visit some of the authors of blogs I read and be their shadow and learn to take amazing pictures like they do. 
 I took several pictures and put them on my computer when I arrived back home. However I noticed that several of the pictures weren't the best and in one picture that I felt was a better one, there was a pillow and jacket in the background. 
In situations like these it's nice to be familiar with your photo editing program. I have two. Photoshop Elements 7, and iphoto. I haven't truly mastered Elements yet. I have no clue really how to navigate around it. With iphoto (which is a mac program), I simply click edit, then effects and I can change to B & W, Sepia, blur the edges, etc..very quick and very easy. Here are a few pictures that weren't the best, but I personally think that by adding a little effect it made a huge difference. That's why Photo editing works for me.
Here were before and afters, or actually after and before! I couldn't get my cut and paste to work correctly. The before was one that I look at and say "man, she wasn't looking at me". When I added a bit of an effect, I think it made a much prettier picture. 
Same with the above picture and the one below it. The above was to me, just
 so-so, but adding a softening effect, made it pretty
I loved this one, but when I got home, noticed that there was a pillow and blanket in the way...bummer, so in Elements, I used the clone tool and cloned the dirt, then set my brush to a big enough size and covered up the annoying background. Professional? No, but it works for me!
Hop on over to We Are That Family for more great ideas!!
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I am just learning to play with my photos a little bit. It's fun, but I could spend hours doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a photoshop nut! That an lightroom. Together they are amazing. I can't seem to do a darn thing with iphoto, but maybe it's because photoshop is all I have ever known. I think your pictures are great, and you did a very good job getting rid of the pillow and the blanket.
    I was going to suggest you check out pioneer woman, but I see you already have her listed on your page. I love reading her stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts