Recipe: Sandra's Creamy White Chili

I've made this before and always posted the link, but this time I decided to just post the recipe here, but Sandra gets all the credit. The credit for the yummy creaminess of this chili, and the extra 5 pounds I probably pack on when I make it (which isn't often)....good thing I've been exercising. Now, I know I could shave off some calories by re-vamping it, but sheesh, I hardly ever make it, so once in awhile won't kill me.
Sandra's Creamy White Chili
1 T. oil 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed 
1 onion, chopped 
14-oz can chicken broth 
2 15-1/2 oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed 
2 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies 
1-1/2 t. garlic powder
 1 t. salt
 1 t. ground cumin 
1/2 t. dried oregano
 8-oz container sour cream
 1/2 pt. whipping cream 
10-oz. pkg. corn chips
 8-oz. bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese
In a large soup pan, heat the oil. Add chicken and onions and cook till chicken is done. 
At this point instead of setting aside the chicken and onion, I just added the beans, chilies, seasonings and broth to the same pan with the chicken and onions still in it. Bring to a boil and cook for about 30 minutes. I also added a can of black beans at the end. 
Add whipping cream and sour cream and stir. Heat through. I added some monterey jack cheese in it at this point and could also add it to the top in each bowl.
Serve with chips and cheese.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Hi Kirsten!
    I finally figured out how to do Google Reader, so now I can visit my non-HSB friends more often! Yay!
    Anyway, this recipe looks & sounds YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!
    Love, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts