Fall Beauty: Dahlias

Fall is definitely upon us. As I look out the window, the fog is still hanging on, the sun trying to peek through and there was frost on the roof tops when I woke up this morning. The temperatures have dipped into the 60's and will more than likely stay there. 
I love so many things about Fall. I love the colors of the leaves, the sight of pumpkins, gourds and corn stalks, and the smell of all things "fallish". Candles are lit and fill the room with pleasing aromas. 
But one of my other favorite things about Fall are the Dahlias. Oh, how I love dahlias. I love that there are so many varieties, sizes, shapes and colors. A friend gave me some tubers later in the summer and I just stuck them in the ground knowing they may not come up. Well, come up they did and they are so pretty. Yesterday I went up and cut a huge vase full and enjoyed taking some pictures. I'm learning how to use the "macro" on my large lens and was so happy with the results. I'd love to get a few good enough to frame and put up in our new house. 
I thought I'd share some beauty with you! Have an amazing fall day. We are off to soccer games later today and maybe get some pumpkins. It had recently rained when I took the pictures and I love how the rain drops just sit on the leaves. 
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts