Weekend Coffee Share....Come Sit with Me




It's another week of Weekend Coffee Share. I always love everyone's posts. Are you like me and try to visit everyone? It doesn't always happen but I try. I have loved getting to know different bloggers and I figure if they take the time to write a post, I'll find the time to visit, even if it's a week later. I truly enjoy what you all share and I often learn so much. 

Check out all the other posts on Weekend Coffee Share, hosted by Natalie the Explorer. I'm off to go visit some now. #weekendcoffeeshare.

If we were having coffee or tea we'd probably talk about:

The Weather: Oh we've had some beautiful days this week. Temps in the low/mid 60's. That is ending by tomorrow (Sunday) when rain is back in the forecast. 

What we're thinking about: I was thinking the other day about people who can sleep the mornings away. No judgement, but sometimes there are a few in my home that literally can sleep all morning and not get up until after 10, etc. I have always been such a morning person that I feel like I've wasted the day away if I sleep past 8:00, which rarely happens. 7:30 is sleeping in for me. I guess we're all made differently. If you're a night owl, you probably wonder how in the world I can go to bed at 8:30. Of course, I'm up at 5:00 most mornings. It's interesting how we all function. There was one morning, I had completed quite a bit of stuff before 10:00 and hadn't yet seen the eyeballs of 3 members of our household. 

What we're thankful for: I want to be thankful for all the little things. The things I might otherwise take for granted or miss. The things that are so ingrained that I don't think twice about them. I want to be thankful for every little aspect of my life and where it is at this one given moment and how I got here. 

What we're reading or wanting to read: Just this morning I received my next book for our book club. We chose to read The Measure by Nikki Erlick. It sounds very interesting. Here's the Amazon description. I'm still plugging away at the Four Seasons by Chris Widener, and Vienna Prelude By Brock and Bodie Thoene. Both are good just taking me awhile. 

Around the house: Nothing really. Just normal maintenance/cleaning stuff. Still on the hunt for a comforter set for our bed. We did order a murphy bed for our office. That should come in April. 

What we've listened to or watched: I finished listening to the book Finding Dorothy and that was really good! I am now halfway through listening to the book The Alchemist which is also good. 

For the love of food: This last week I did roast in the crock pot that turned out so good. Burgers on homemade sourdough buns, an Italian chicken bake and chicken and spinach stuffed shells with salad, sourdough bread and roasted garlic butter. I also made a lemon poppyseed cake. Saturday we spent the day hitting a Farmers Market and so we snacked on Farmers market foods which is always fun. My favorite thing was a broccoli, daikon danish that seemed to be sprinkled with cheese. Whatever it was, it was so good, and I failed to get a picture. We also bought some Bison liver, some sausage, pepperoni sticks, some einkorn flour, a blueberry muffin and some chocolate milk. It's been awhile since we've hit the farmers markets and we missed it. 

Burgers on homemade sourdough buns. So good.
Italian chicken bake. I'll have to write down the recipe sometime. 
Fresh sourdough bread with roasted garlic and parsley butter. 
Lemon Poppyseed cake


A favorite photo: A few fun ones from the week. 

Hit the park after Preschool last week because the weather was so nice. 


Hung out with them for a few hours on Tuesday while my daughter finished up a few things at work. 

Favorite quote of the week: This weeks theme for #WQ was bridges. Find my post here





Random or not so random things: It was a good week. Last Saturday we attended the 80th birthday party for a long time family friend of my husbands. What a special time celebrating her life. I met her and her family when my husband and I started dating. They are Dutch and always so fun to be around. It was tradition that the family's spent every New Years Day together. It continued up until about 6ish years ago. Life changes, people move, it just stopped working out for everyone. 

That same night my hubby and I, our youngest daughter and a friend and my Father in Law went into Portland to watch a Portland Timbers soccer game. It was the first game I'd been to in 3+ years. They finally lifted the mask and vaccine mandates. It was fun even though we lost. 


The Portland Timbers "Army" fans, create new TIFO's regularly. A TIFO, for non soccer/sports fans, is choreographed display in which fans in a sports stadium raise a large banner together or simultaneously hold up signs that together form a large image.

I've mentioned my aunt and uncles vineyard and winery on Kelley's Island, Ohio. She was interviewed for the Shores and Island website. It was a great interview. I'm so proud of them. Here's a link if you're interested. 

I'm wanting to make one of these wind chimes. I have an empty bottle but need help cutting it.


I also have mentioned my oldest daughter has started a mobile coffee cart business. She's had two events the last two weekends, and said they both went well. Her first one was last Sunday for an auction supporting a private school. My husband went with her to help unload, etc..since her hubby had a previous arrangement. I hung out with the grandkids. She had a mishap about 30 minutes before she had to leave. She was carrying her machine and tripped over something she didn't see and fell. Thankfully the machine was fine. She, however, ended up with two badly scraped knees, a slightly hurt hand and sore hip. I felt so bad for her, and just held her and prayed for her as she cried. She was already nervous. My hubby said she killed it and did awesome. She was sore for several days and couldn't bend her knees well. Her second event was at a cycling spin boutique and she said that went well too. My youngest shot her second wedding today. It's fun seeing your kids pursue their dreams.


I spy...my daughter on the waterfront waiting on a bridal party to arrive.
Her first event at an auction

My daughters second event. She served drinks after the two morning spin classes.


Well, I'm disappointed. I was all ready to share some photos I had taken a month ago of the Squirrel Bridges in Longview, Wa and I cannot find them. I have a feeling I thought I uploaded them, but didn't, and then deleted them off my card. I will try taking them again next week and share them for the next coffee share. 

Instead I'll share that yesterday my hubby and I had planned to hit the Portland Farmers market and then drive up the Columbia River Gorge to Multnomah Falls and hopefully do a little hiking. The weather was gorgeous. Apparently though, everyone else had the same idea. By the time we got there, we couldn't find parking anywhere. We drove further to get on the old scenic highway hoping to find somewhere to park along the way as there are a series of trails and waterfalls...nope, no luck. We should have known better...the first 60+ day weekend, we should have thought about everyone wanting to get out. Sometimes a weekday is much better to go to more popular areas, that seem to just get more and more popular especially the more people post on social media. It's sometimes sad. It just gets too overcrowded and loses the peace that you so often find in nature. So we drove back towards Vancouver to walk on the waterfront and maybe go to their farmers market. Again, the city was so crowded, we decided to not go to the farmers market and instead found a parking garage to park in and walked on the waterfront for awhile. We happened to see our youngest daughter there waiting for the bridal party to show up for some pictures. Then we headed home for the rest of the day. 

This booth was amazing. We tried a broccoli, daikon danish. So good. 



On our way back to Vancouver, driving on the Old Scenic Highway, we did stop at the popular Crown Point Vista House. It was busy, but not overcrowded. It gives beautiful views of the gorge though VERY windy. The Vista House construction started in the winter of 1916. I believe it was dedicated in 1918. Here is a site with interesting history. The views are spectacular, though the winds can get very high there and at times they've had to close it. I'm sure if you search YouTube you'll find some pretty funny videos of newscasters almost being blown away. No joke. 

This is looking North to the other side of the Columbia River. 
Sweeping views to the east....the river is low at the moment. I didn't get a picture to the west. The stretch of road you see, is I-84.
The link I shared above tells what the entire building is made of. I love these windows. 
There were a lot of people inside so it was hard to get more pictures. I'll have to take another drive up there. 
The exterior. The upper viewing area was closed. In fact, I don't know the last time I was there and it was open.




With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Glad to read your daughter is OK after her fall. The views from the Vista House and its windows are beautiful. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandbabies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts