Tuesday 4....Let's travel to New England



Hello and welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4

It's time again for Tuesday 4 hosted by Anne from Cottage by the sea. Published each week in memory of Toni Taddeo, it's original author.We keep Toni Taddeo's original idea alive here with 4 questions each week.

Let's plan a lovely vacation through New England to see the Autumn leaves..  Money is no object and we have all the time we would like. 

1. How many days and  nights would you like to be away? Well...we are actually taking a trip just like this in October. We will be gone a total of 10 days, though not counting 2 travel days (flying from west coast), we will have about 8 days to drive through New England. I would love to be able to do something like 2 weeks, but that's not possible. 

2. What kind of car would you like to take on this trip? An SUV or crossover. Not a big one, but comfortable. Maybe you would enjoy the train? No train for me because I'd want to be able to stop and get out. I'd maybe take a short train ride while there if it took me to see somewhere I couldn't see by car. Would you sail up the coast in a yacht? Maybe...I'm not a huge fan of boats and my hubby gets seasick, so I'm not sure that's a good choice, however, I would go on a lake in a boat. 

3. Would side trips be on your agenda? Yes. Most definitely. We have a lot of sites planned to see. Perhaps to Mystic, Connecticut, Salem, Massachusetts, Plimouth, (yes, they spelled it with an "i" ) Massachusetts, Walden Pond, Lizzie Borden's home or maybe the home of  Emily Dickenson, etc. A few of those places are on our list to see. We are planning our trip using Roadtrippers, which allows us to plan each stop of our trip. We have most everything planned. I'm trying to find places we may want to eat. We are starting out in Boston and making our way up through Maine, over through the states to Vermont and then back down through Connecticut and RI before going back to Boston.

4. Lobster roll, chowders, boiled dinners, brown bread, baked beans,  pancakes with real maple syrup, blueberry muffins, Parker House Rolls (well loved by Charles Dickens, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow,  the Kennedy clan.), Toll House Cookies, Red Flannel Hash, Tourtiere  pork pie, (Recipe here)— what native foods catch your attention? Definitely a lobster roll, and can you ever go wrong with bread?..lol. I love chowder too. Actually it all sounds good or something I'd be willing to try. 

I'm so excited we are taking this trip. It's for our 30th wedding anniversary. It's turning into quite a spendy trip, yikes, but we are looking forward to it. If anyone has any tips or tricks, that would be great. 

With Joy UNquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. I hope you have a blast on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting! Have a great trip! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have an awesome trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip sounds amazing - even in the planning stages!! Make the most wonderful of memories!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts