Wednesday Hodgepodge





It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce, who blogs at From This Side of The Pond.  I've been trying to get back into blogging more, and this looked like a fun link up. Each week she'll pose some questions for us to answer. What a great way to journal life. 

1. Something you've seen recently that's 'cuter than a June bug'?

Ummmm...are June bugs cute? I'm not a lover of bugs...though I do love lady bugs, and butterflies, and the sound of crickets and praying mantis are fascinating, and maybe some other bugs. Maybe the rabbits hopping around my yard are cuter than a June bug..or my grandson and granddaughter. 


2. Tell us something about where you were and what you were doing in June of 1988? If you weren't born yet, June of 1998. Or if that doesn't work, June of 2008. 

June of 1988 I was a year out of HS graduation, decided to stop attending the local community college and go to Bible College in Portland Oregon. 


3. A place in your home or outdoor space where you feel 'snug as a bug in a rug'? 

Well...other than my bed...lol. I'd say on the chaise lounge in my living room or reading in the hammock on our porch.

4. June is National Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Month. Do you normally get your 4-5 servings each day? What's a favorite summer dish you make/serve/like to be served-ha! made with one of your favorite summer fruits. A favorite summer dish made with a favorite summer veg? How do you feel about cooking in the summer months? 

I try to get them in...Sometimes it's in my smoothie with a few Arbonne additions to supplement what I might miss. Oh man...fave summer dish made with a favorite fruit: Peach pie OR, I have a strawberry apple pie that I've made that's yummy..oh, OR homemade blackberry ice cream. With a veggie...has to be corn on the cob! hands down. 

I live in the PNW (west side) so our summers aren't overly hot and we have AC so I don't mind cooking. Though this year I'd like to keep it more simple.

5. Do you have a summer reading list? If so share a title or two we can add to our own. 

I've never made a summer reading list because there isn't much more free time in my summer than any other season of the year. Lol. However, I have been trying to do more reading and have joined a few groups and book launches to help me do this....so my recommendations of ones I've read or are reading are:

All The Light We Cannot See
The Bookish Life of Nina Hills
Anxious People
Miss Bensons Beetle (Currently Reading)


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

While my summers don't look a lot different than other seasons, like I said, I do want to try to be more intentional with taking time to slow down. Maybe keep meals really simple so that I can spend more time doing other things. Take advantage of the weekends more. I have another 2 hour dentist appointment this morning so that won't be much fun. It's an early appointment so hopefully I'm not numb for too long and can enjoy the rest of the day. 


With Joy Unquenchable,
Kirstin

Comments

  1. Welcome to the HP Kristen! It's a fun link up and it's always interesting to read everyone's answers. Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading everyones answers and even seeing how some are similar.

      Delete
  2. I love corn also. It's not good for the keto diet but on Memorial day I made it for my cheat meal and it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah, my hubby cannot digest corn well, but I've never had a problem.

      Delete
  3. Kristin,

    Grandkids are definitely cuter than June bugs. Do slow things down this summer! This time should be enjoyed doing things you like, especially outdoors on the days that aren't too hot. We're not deep south but it gets plenty hot here in east Tennessee. I'm very happy we don't live any further south than we do. I love fresh sweet corn! My late in-laws grew some mighty good ears. Their garden produced some excellent tomatoes and green beans, too. Man, do I miss eating fresh grown veggies! I hope the next place we buy will be situated so we can plant a small garden if we want. That would be super nice. Thanks for visiting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son in laws family grows corn for the corn maze at their pumpkin patch but he also grows corn to share with family. It's so good. Our summers are pretty mild but when it gets past 80 that's to hot for me...lol

      Delete
  4. I totally wasn't thinking about pies or cobblers with the fruit question! I'm right there with you with corn on the cob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how everyones' answers were unique.

      Delete
  5. Your grandkids are adorable and definitely cuter than a June bug. Your answer to #1 was very similar to mine. And the corn on the cob has been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grands are so cute! I haven't read Anxious People yet but it's on my list. I love his writing but have heard this one isn't quite as good as some of his previous books. If you've never read My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry that was a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it. It took me a bit to follow and I can't compare because I've never read any of his other books. I've heard of the other one you mentioned and it sounded interesting.

      Delete
  7. I know all about PNW summers--born and raised in Portland! Di you attend Multnomah Bible School? (my mom and aunt were two of the earliest students there!)
    You have adorable grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you've recovered from the dentist by now. Love that photo of your grandson and granddaughter! Just makes me smile real big. Happy Hodgepodge to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on recovering...I ended up having to go back (20 minute drive one way) because I had barely been home an hour and my temporary crown came off...Uggh.

      Delete
  9. You're right, who likes a June bug. Adorable photo. Your grandchildren are too cute! Your fruit desserts sound delicious. Your hammock sounds nice too. Hope your appointment went well. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debby. The appointment was interesting...lol. I shared it on my Weekend Coffee Share Post. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts