Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful!

Yes, I know that's the lyrics to a Christmas Song, but it's also what our weather is like today. It's been sunny with patches of blue sky to hailing and very windy, so windy that 1/2 of a tree that had broken and was laying midair against another tree has now completely fallen down our ravine (that sounds more dramatic than it really is). I had noticed this tree the other day. It looked like it broke, started to fall but got caught by another tree so it was parallel to the ground (I should have taken a picture). Today when I came home I noticed it wasn't there. It must have fallen. My hope was for decent weather so I could either plant my garden or do some weed eating. It hasn't cooperated for either. I suppose if I was a true country girl I'd go out there no matter what the weather was doing. Sorry......I don't enjoy working in the rain. Yesterday hubby and Nan got the tractor and mower from the church and mowed the property. It looks so good. I need to weed eat areas that the mower was unable to get to. Hubby also rototilled my garden one more time. I was going to do it Sunday but managed to throw out my back that morning and it is just now beginning to feel better. I was hoping to get the garden planted before my grandma got here, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen unless the next few days cooperate. I can always do it while she's here! Mother's Day was a nice day. Kat actually had a soccer game right after church so hubby took her to that. My in-laws, brother in law and his boys came up to the house and we grilled hot dogs and hung out. Kat and hubby came home and at 3:15 we left to go out to eat at a German restaurant in Portland, Oregon. We were there for two hours and I'm not sure if it was because they were really busy or if it usually takes awhile to get our food. That wasn't a bad thing because how often do we just rush through our food not really stopping to enjoy it or the conversation around us. An older gentleman walked around with an accordion playing songs (it actually reminded me of my grandpa who had a concertina(sp?) and played it when we were little...though he was Italian). We joined in and sang to several (if we knew them). The food was good and the kids had a blast. My back was killing me (my daughters have informed me that I've been waddling). We came home and finished watching a movie and then everyone went to bed by 9:00 (we were that tired). The girls got me a card and two gift cards. One to Starbucks and one to Kohls. I can't wait to use them. The next few days are filled with grocery shopping, cleaning house and hopefully doing some work outside. I have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow and hopefully that will do the trick and I'll be 100%. Thursday we pick my grandma up at the airport at 4:45. We cannot wait!! Saturday we're BBQing with my sister, inlaws and hopefully a few other family members. Kat has soccer tryouts this weekend and she's a bit nervous. She's been playing with this team for the last few months and really would love to be a part of their team. She likes the coaches and the girls alot. If she makes the team it will be a lot of traveling for us but it's her last year before she's a freshman so I'm okay with that. Next week we are taking my grandma to the Oregon Coast for 2 nights. Nan is excited because every year the town we're going to puts out glass sea floats for people to find. They are beautiful but we've never found one. She's determined to get up at 6:00 and hit the beach looking. I'll be sure to take pictures of the adventure. Well, I should probably go and get a few more things accomplished before the day is gone. With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. Your schedule sounds as hectic as ours. Spring is always soo much busier than the rest of the seasons to me. I hope the weather doesn't do too much more damage. We have experienced a lot of the bad stuff here as well.
    Enjoy your day,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts