Recipe: Chocolate Soy Panna-Cotta: Chocolate Pudding!
- 2 tbs. cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 1/4tsp.)
- 5 oz. silken tofu
- 3 cups unsweetened plain soy milk
- 1/2 c. packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 c. coarse salt
- 3 oz. bittersweet chocolate. finely chopped
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pour cold water into a small bowl and add gelatin. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes....(mine almost got too firm, so I redid it when I was closer to being ready to add it to the hot mixture.
- Puree tofu in a food processor (or blender) until smooth. Combine soy milk, sugar and salt in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, add chocolate, vanilla, gelatin mixture, and pureed tofu and stir until chocolate has melted. Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl and let cool completely at room temperature.
- Pour into six 6oz.ramekins or cups. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.
With Joy UNquenchable,