Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Organic Chicken Bouillon

tI know that many of you probably make your own chicken stock and can it, etc...but I just don't. Often times I'll throw in a chicken bouillon cube to season something I'm making. Deep down, I know they're probably not the best, but they're easy and stuff tastes good with them. 
A few weeks ago I was browsing the aisles of my local Costco and came across this item. A jar of organic chicken base called "Better than Bouillon". "Oooh, I should try this" I thought. The ingredients are natural which was a plus, but it was $6.99 a jar, which at the time, wasn't a plus, even though it equaled out to about what I spend when I keep buying bouillon cubes and even better, it was just in one chunk! So last week when I went shopping I bought some. Now I haven't tried it yet, so maybe I shouldn't even post on it, but I was excited when I saw it. I'm always trying to find new, healthy things to add to our diet, even if I have to spend a bit more. I know, I know...I could do it for less making my own, but I haven't had that kind of time lately.
I'll let you know how it was next week. In the meantime, head over to Tammy's Recipes for more great kitchen tips.
With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. I haven't tried that brand, but I have heard that chicken base is a million times better than chicken stock, so i am sure its tastier than the cubes. I have a few more cubes to use up before I try it thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts