A Few Moments

I have a few moments.......just a few though to pop in and say hi. Our family has been going non-stop for the last 6 days helping sell these pretty little things (see pic to left). And we are all a bit loopy! Along with other amazing volunteers...did I say volunteers? Yes, I did...these wonderful people along with us have put in about 14 hour days. Some less, but many 14 hours, of selling fireworks, whoopin and hollerin and holding signs to get people to come and buy from us...I'll try to get someone to take pictures, but we've been so busy, we haven't had time. It's gone well, but I know my girlies are wasted and I can't even remember what day it is. The other day I sent someone a text message and after I pushed send I put the phone up to my ear. I have been able to run home a few times and do a bit of laundry, but that's about it. I have enjoyed talking to people and hanging with the young people. This year is a push through year for this particular tent because it's the first year in our town and it's a matter of getting the word out. And we are doing that. We blitzed the town with about 700 flyers and on average we have 6-8 people holding signs and doing silly dances and whatever it takes to get people's attention. My in-laws have helped and so have other adults from the church. We are actually doing two fundraisers right now. One which we have done for the past 12 years directing traffic at another stand in the neighboring city and then actually selling fireworks at this tent in our town. So we are burning the candle at both ends. Our young people are so amazing. My daughters are so amazing and such hard workers. And my hubby....well, what can I say, the man can multi-task like no other! His only qualm this week is that nothing is getting done on our house. I've had to guard my attitude a few times when it comes to young adults himming and hawing about wanting to go "play" or do other things..I'd like to do other things too, like build a house, buy my family groceries, etc....but it's all good and I'm enjoying being at the tent. Though when 11:00 at night rolls around and we roll in the door it's all we can do to take showers, maybe grab a small snack and fall into bed. My poor family hasn't even had a decent dinner in a week. Anybody want to bring enough food to feed about 20 amazing people (C: Sunday we are having turkey...I know this because last Sunday Nan didn't shut the outside freezer enough and when I noticed it on Monday morning a turkey I had bought awhile back had started to thaw....so I called my mother-in-law and said "so, you know that turkey we were going to get together and cook....well we're eating it on Sunday so invite some company." Thankfully it was the only meat in the freezer that had begun to thaw. My time is almost up and I must head to the tent soon. I'm letting my girlies sleep in a bit this morning so they can be more refreshed. Praying these next two days are crazy busy...did I just say that? Yes, I did...we need to make up for the days we were crazy slow. Okay...I'm off. I've missed visiting everyone, but next week I'll have time to actually visit and comment. I've popped in to a few of you, but not long enough to comment. Sorry! With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts