PB Snickers Candy Cups

Awhile back I saw a picture on an IG page I follow for a sort of snickers type/peanut butter cup type candy bar and knew I needed to make it sometime. I forgot all about it until I came across it again a few weeks ago. Armed with all the ingredients I needed I set out yesterday to make them. I wasn't disappointed.

I love trying new recipes and newer, healthier versions of some of my favorites. This recipe made twelve muffin size cups. You could make them as thin or thick as you like. Mine turned out fairly thick because I like substantial filling. The majority are going to be dropped off to my oldest and her fellow baristas this morning. 



Ingredients:

1 c. coconut oil
1 c. raw cacao
Stevia, maple syrup or honey to taste
1 c. dates
vanilla
3 Tbs. water
3/4 c. peanut butter
2 Tbs. protein powder (opt)
more vanilla
1/2 c. chopped roasted peanuts

Instructions

Chocolate layers:

1 c. coconut oil
1 c. raw cacao
Stevia, maple syrup, or honey to desired sweetness.

OR

1 package dark chocolate chips
2 Tbs. coconut oil (or until chocolate reaches a good pouring consistency)

Combine ingredients in a saucepan over low heat and melt. 

*NOTE: I had this recipe halved and it didn't make enough. I ended up just melting some dark chocolate chips with coconut oil for the rest.

Caramel layer:

1 c. dates
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbs. water

Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. You don't want it too thick so if needed add a bit more water. Set aside

Peanut Butter layer:

3/4 c. natural peanut butter
2 Tbs. vanilla protein powder
1 tsp. vanilla

combine ingredients in food processor. Set aside.

To Assemble:

Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners (or you could use a silicone pan).

Pour a thin layer of chocolate on the bottom. Freeze until set (about an hour). Another option could be to brush chocolate up sides a bit to ensure filling is all enclosed...see bottom picture. 







Begin layering caramel, nuts, then peanut butter, about 1/2 Tbs. each. I really just eye balled it. 



Pour remaining chocolate over top to cover well. Freeze until set. Let sit out a few minutes before serving. I haven't tried storing these in the fridge yet. I think I will try that today. 

Enjoy. I'd like to play with it a bit more, but it was fun. 
Notice how the edges aren't quite covered in chocolate? Yah, that might be where I need to make some adjustments, though I think it looks cool. I opted to freeze the bottom layer of chocolate first because I felt the other layers would spread better. I'll have to see if they are all like this...or at least the others I eat. 


With Joy Unquenchable,



Comments

  1. Yay!!! I know what I'm doing this weekend. I'm making these and totally not sharing them with anyone. LOL Thank you so much for posting the recipe. I am super excited about this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts