This month I was assigned the blog Bakeaholic Mama. Carrie is a beautiful gal, with a hubby, three kiddos and a puppy. She and her hubby have known each other their whole lives..how sweet is that. Check out her About Me page. Her FAQ page is pretty neat too. She had so many recipes. I marked a few different ones, but finally settled on the Strawberry Lemon Cookie Bars with Lemon Glaze. Boy did I choose a winner. I made it earlier today and, well, it's gone. Not a single crumb left.
It was easy to put together, and for a bar cookie it was light, zesty and just plain yummy. I wasn't sure about making something with strawberries baked in to it. I just have a thing with certain fruits baked in to cakes or anything other than pies. Weird, I know, but this was so worth it. I will definitely be going again.
Check out the recipe below and then go check out her website and share some love with her.
From Bakeaholic Mama
2 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
3 Tbs. lemon zest
1 c. room temperature butter
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1/2 c. diced fresh strawberries (USE FRESH!!!!)
1 c. powdered sugar
juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together sugar, butter.
4. Mix in egg, lemon juice and zest.
5. Mix in flour mixture
6. Fold in strawberries by hand.
7. Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan.
8. Press dough into pan.
9. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Mine cooked for 35 minutes.
10. Let bars cool before cutting and glazing.
11. Mix glaze ingredients together.
12. Serve with some fresh berries on the side.
Yep, this was amazing. Hubby couldn't wait till I cut them and within 5 minutes took a fork to the pan. After his second bite he said "oh, I suppose you wanted to take a picture".
Check out the links for other great recipes from the SRC.
With Joy UNquenchable,