Book Review: Jesus Calling

I recently read the book "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It is a collection of simple devotions for every day of the year. As a missionary, Sarah began a quest to become more attentive to the "voice of the Savior" and began listening to what He was saying to her. After many years, she put these words into book form. The introduction to the book gives the reader insight into Sarah's life and draws you into her world. The devotions are simple, short and filled with the presence of the God who desires to speak to us if we are willing to listen. Each devotion is followed with scripture. Here is a small excerpt from her book:
"Learn to enjoy life more. Relax, remembering that I am God with you. I crafted you with enormous capacity to know Me and enjoy My Presence. when my people wear sour faces and walk through their lives with resigned rigidity, I am displeased. When you walk through a day with childlike delight, savoring every blessing, you proclaim your trust in Me, your ever-present Shepherd. The more you focus on My Presence with you, the more fully you can enjoy life. Glorify Me through your pleasure in Me. Thus you proclaim My Presence to the watching world."
I highly recommend this book, especially to the one who wants to learn to hear His voice more clearly and live a transformed life. With Joy UNquenchable,

Comments

  1. i'm always looking for a new book and love when i get recommendations! i will had this to my list.

    how is your summer going?
    i'm signing my 6 yr old up for soccer today :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by. Thank you for leaving me a note. I look forward to making new friends on this blogging journey!

Popular Posts